Question need help immediately (1 Viewer)

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Use to find n, then differentiate and substitute to get two equations in two variables which you can solve like any other.

hihihi

HSC
been there done that, just need someone to solve the two equations for me plox thx 360noscope bai

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
been there done that, just need someone to solve the two equations for me plox thx 360noscope bai

Edit after tywebb's post: sorry, the alpha here is the one that gives v = 1 rather than -1 at t = 1. The other solution for alpha in [0, 2pi) is the desired one, as tywebb has explained below (see his post). So correct alpha (call it X), has

3/5 = sin(1/4 + X), so 1/4 + X = pi – arcsin(3/5). So X = pi – arcsin(3/5) – 1/4.

Thanks go to tywebb for pointing out the mistake. :)

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The other solution ... is the desired one.
You mean MY solution is the desired one because mine is correct and yours is wrong. You've gone back and edited your post after reading mine without acknowledging this fact.

If someone reads this thread tomorrow or any time thereafter they will not see it this way so I'm just going to point that out.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
You mean MY solution is the desired one because mine is correct and yours is wrong. You've gone back and edited your post after reading mine without acknowledging this fact.

If someone reads this thread tomorrow or any time thereafter they will not see it this way so I'm just going to point that out.
Other solution as in there are two solutions in that interval, the one I had isn't the right one, and the one you had is.

Sure, I'll acknowledge your input in the post. :)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Thanks go to tywebb for pointing out the mistake.

edit note

Last edited by InteGrand; Today at 9:02 PM. Reason: Made a mistake, corrected by tywebb below. This post was not edited until after seeing tywebb's post.
That's much better.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
That's much better.
InteGrand is one of the most selfless, most accomplished maths guys on BoS; never uttered a word in anger or rebuke, always patient, always helpful, never seeking credit for all the great work he has done here. I cannot imagine he would, consciously, seek credit for work done by others without attribution. I'm sure this was just a small oversight on his part.

In days of yore, we'd have called InteGrand "a gentleman and a scholar"

Last edited:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
InteGrand is one of the most selfless, most accomplished maths guys on BoS; never a word in anger, always patient, always helpful, never seeking credit for all the great work he has done here. I cannot imagine he would, consciously, seek credit for work done by others without attribution. I'm sure this was just a small oversight on his part.
Just wondering do you and Integrand know each other in real life?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Yeah I did this Q. in my head in the early morning so I'm not too surprised that there was an error in part of it haha. I edited initially after reading tywebb's post without writing I saw that post because I believed the main purpose of these threads was just to help answer people's Q's (and benefit future readers also), so the main thing on my mind was to just note the correction of the error in the post to prevent future readers' confusion. I wasn't thinking to gain credit or 'steal' tywebb's work or anything, so apologies to tywebb if it came across as such. This was why, upon realising that tywebb wanted me to acknowledge his post and that I'd made a mistake (which I realised from one of his later posts), I was happy to do so (which is why I re-edited the post). :)

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Side note: Also like to acknowledge the million times Integrand has helped us out..you the real mvp man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)