Textbooks (1 Viewer)

frog1944

HSC
Hi,

What MX1 textbook has really hard questions that prepare you well for the HSC exam?
I have Maths in Focus and I believe it to be a very easy textbook (that's my experience).
Any recommendations of a better textbook for questions?

Thanks

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I've used Cambridge & Terry Lee.

Terry Lee might be more attractive as they have worked solutions, I forget if Cambridge has them as well.
IMO Cambridge's explanations are rather harsh, Terry Lee explains them better. But Cambridge has harder questions.

Use MIF for initial understanding, Terry Lee for more in depth (opt. Cambridge for even further), Cambridge & TL for questions

trecex1

HSC
I only use cambridge for initial understanding of the topics - the extension questions are sometimes out of the syllabus but are worth doing. Don't rely on it for exam questions though - start doing other school trial papers for more difficult/exam style questions. MIF is basically just repetitive drills of the basic concepts, even the 'challenge exercise' is very easy compared to exam questions imho. So do cambridge while you're learning topics , but it won't prepare you for HSC questions unless you do many past papers.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Literally the only thing I use MIF for is looking at examples when I dont understand an concept.
Use cambridge or fitzpatrick for 3u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)