Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dan964
  • 1 Post By dan964
  • 1 Post By dan964

Thread: Past Papers by Topic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    2

    Past Papers by Topic

    Hi,

    Is there any books/resources that has sorted past papers questions by topic? I would appreciate this very much, it would save time in having to look through all the papers for each topic.


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Taking a break! dan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South of here
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by frog1944 View Post
    Hi,

    Is there any books/resources that has sorted past papers questions by topic? I would appreciate this very much, it would save time in having to look through all the papers for each topic.


    Thanks
    I am working on it
    pikachu975 likes this.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Really, awesome! Will it be physical or digital?

  4. #4
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    9,380
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    The older excel success one series has HSC past-papers sorted by topic.
    Last edited by BLIT2014; 16 Oct 2016 at 2:17 PM.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Are you sure? I have the 2014 edition and it doesn't sort it by topic, it only sorts it by year.

  6. #6
    Tafe Advocate ProdigyInspired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by frog1944 View Post
    Are you sure? I have the 2014 edition and it doesn't sort it by topic, it only sorts it by year.
    my friends one sorts them by topic, but I also have another friend that only has it by year.
    The one Blit2014 linked sorts them by year as seen on the preview.
    I found this one which sorts by topic. https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/hsc-...9781876580469/

    But I'd probably look up on google for By Topic documents that use HSC questions as resources.
    Bachelor of Applied Finance and Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) at MQ.

    HSC 2016: English Advanced, Math 3U, Math 4U, Chemistry, Business Studies

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Thanks, that's strange that one friend has it by topic and the other one doesn't. The book you linked is it just questions by topic (like a textbook almost) or is it HSC questions by topic?

  8. #8
    Tafe Advocate ProdigyInspired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by frog1944 View Post
    Thanks, that's strange that one friend has it by topic and the other one doesn't. The book you linked is it just questions by topic (like a textbook almost) or is it HSC questions by topic?
    I think they're just questions. I haven't seen any textbook that has HSC by topic other than like Chemistry Success One.

    You can look at the Success One books and see if they have any.
    Bachelor of Applied Finance and Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) at MQ.

    HSC 2016: English Advanced, Math 3U, Math 4U, Chemistry, Business Studies

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    I think its called Phoenix, it sorts papers by topic
    HSC 2017 = 3U Maths | Eng Adv | Eco | Bus | Phys
    The best way to predict the future is to create it

  10. #10
    Taking a break! dan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South of here
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by frog1944 View Post
    Really, awesome! Will it be physical or digital?
    Digital, check out http://thsconline.github.io/s/?study...opic=beta-mode
    tywebb likes this.

  11. #11
    Exalted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,118
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    I have past question by topic on almost every 2U, Ext 1 and Ext 2 topic.
    Message me with your email address if interested.
    But if you're in yr 12 - sorry - but I probably won't have time to send anything before your exam on Friday. (And I probably won't be checking back in here before then).

  12. #12
    dangerman
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by dan964 View Post
    I think this is an interesting experiment - especially as we will soon have a new syllabus, all the 1500 or so trial papers online now will have many questions which will not be relevant anymore. That doesn't mean these papers will become useless. There will be overlap where some topics are carried over to the new syllabus - hence some parts of past papers will still be useful.

    So having them divided up into topics will be useful. It seems like quite a big job to do it though.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by braintic View Post
    I have past question by topic on almost every 2U, Ext 1 and Ext 2 topic.
    Message me with your email address if interested.
    But if you're in yr 12 - sorry - but I probably won't have time to send anything before your exam on Friday. (And I probably won't be checking back in here before then).
    Thanks so much! When you have a chance can you let me know if you got my message (I haven't PM before)
    Mathematics Extension 2 - Physics - Chemistry - Economics - English Advanced

  14. #14
    Taking a break! dan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South of here
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by tywebb View Post
    I think this is an interesting experiment - especially as we will soon have a new syllabus, all the 1500 or so trial papers online now will have many questions which will not be relevant anymore. That doesn't mean these papers will become useless. There will be overlap where some topics are carried over to the new syllabus - hence some parts of past papers will still be useful.

    So having them divided up into topics will be useful. It seems like quite a big job to do it though.
    It is, but I am doing about a couple of questions a week.
    frog1944 likes this.

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Would you be able to send me a copy? It will be really helpful. Thanks!

  16. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    HSC
    2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by braintic View Post
    I have past question by topic on almost every 2U, Ext 1 and Ext 2 topic.
    Message me with your email address if interested.
    But if you're in yr 12 - sorry - but I probably won't have time to send anything before your exam on Friday. (And I probably won't be checking back in here before then).
    Would you be able to send me a copy? It will be really helpful. Thanks!

  17. #17
    Exalted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,118
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by May Brown View Post
    Would you be able to send me a copy? It will be really helpful. Thanks!
    As I said - message me with your email address.

  18. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Do you still have the math ext2 past questions by topics can I please have them. Thank you so so so much!!!!
    My email: annezhaoc@gmail.com

  19. #19
    Senior Member jazz519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneZ View Post
    Do you still have the math ext2 past questions by topics can I please have them. Thank you so so so much!!!!
    My email: annezhaoc@gmail.com
    https://www.hscninja.com sign up to this site, they have the HSC past papers by topic and dot points for most subjects
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068
    2015 - 2U (Accelerated) (96)
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux

    2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

  20. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    https://www.hscninja.com sign up to this site, they have the HSC past papers by topic and dot points for most subjects
    I am on that web currently, but they don't have any questions show up due to copyright issues and other concerns.

  21. #21
    Senior Member jazz519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneZ View Post
    I am on that web currently, but they don't have any questions show up due to copyright issues and other concerns.
    oh damn, it worked before
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068
    2015 - 2U (Accelerated) (96)
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux

    2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

  22. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by braintic View Post
    I have past question by topic on almost every 2U, Ext 1 and Ext 2 topic.
    Message me with your email address if interested.
    But if you're in yr 12 - sorry - but I probably won't have time to send anything before your exam on Friday. (And I probably won't be checking back in here before then).
    Oops, Didn't post with quotation.
    Hi Do you still have those Ext2 math past questions by topics? Can I please have them. Thanks!!!

  23. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Past Papers by Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    oh damn, it worked before
    HAHA, its okay. Thanks anyway!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •