To MX1 or not to MX1? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I recently got my MX1 prelim back, and got about 44% - i'm hopeless at Maths lmao, and don't really enjoy it.
However, the others in my class are equally hopeless, and I came out with the highest rank.
I'm doing 14 units, all the rest of which I'm doing really well (in the 90s apart from Mathematics), and it's a fair assumption that my Mathematics and MX1 results won't be among my best 10 units, so they won't drag down my ATAR, but will still be on my HSC.

My question is, is taking MX1 into Year 12 worth it? I mean, it looks good to universities and stuff, but I worry about having enough time for my other subjects.

tl;dr this dood is lost and confused and basically just wants your help lmao

scilove

HSC
The way I see it is that you're topping your other subjects and maths is dragging you down in regards to the time and effort you're putting into it that you could've spent on one of your other subjects. I mean you're already seeing that it's not worth the trouble because it's not counting towards your atar anyways by the looks of things.

I guess it all comes down to what you wanna do after school. Obvs if you're going to do a maths related career or course you should stay with the mx1 or see if you would take it from a bridging course or something like that.

Idk I'm just bouncing ideas off you.

In the end it's your decision to make and it will impact you ( and maybe your family if they're keen on you doing 3u).

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should, you are doing 14 units. The recommended amount is 10, maybe 12. Why so many?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should, you are doing 14 units. Why so many?
Also since you are effectively 44% for maths, which is equivalent to a fail grade, I wouldn't recommend keeping it.
Work at getting a good 2-unit mark.

If you can do 12 units than that is better than 14.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)