angle between 2 curves (1 Viewer)

HSC
How do I do this: Find the acute angle between the curve f (x) = x^2 -1 and the line g (x) = 3x - 1 at their 2 points of intersection.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
How do I do this: Find the acute angle between the curve f (x) = x^2 -1 and the line g (x) = 3x - 1 at their 2 points of intersection.
You'll need to find the points of intersection, and at each point, find the slopes of the tangents of the two curves. Then use the angle between two lines formula.

HSC
You'll need to find the points of intersection, and at each point, find the slopes of the tangents of the two curves. Then use the angle between two lines formula.
to find the slopes of the tangents of the two curves do I have to differentiate and use substitution (i.e. sub in the x values to find the y)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
to find the slopes of the tangents of the two curves do I have to differentiate and use substitution (i.e. sub in the x values to find the y)
Yes (to find the y'). E.g. if there were a point of intersection at x = 10, you would need to find the values of the derivatives at x = 10 (to get the slopes at x = 10).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)