Questions that are driving me crazy cause I can't get the answers that match the book (1 Viewer)

kpad5991

HSC
Question 1:
For the graph y= root (9-x)
i) calculate the area of the region bounded by the curve and the coordinate axes in the first quadrant.
ii) calculate the volume of the solid generated when this region is rotated about the x axis.

Question 2:
Sketch the curve x^2=4ay and shade the region bounded by the curve and the Latus rectum y= a. Find the volume of the solid generated when this region is rotated about the axis of symmetry of the parabola.

Please help if you want me to send my solutions I can

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Re: Questions that are driving me crazy cause I can't get the answers that match the

Question 1:
For the graph y= root (9-x)
i) calculate the area of the region bounded by the curve and the coordinate axes in the first quadrant.
ii) calculate the volume of the solid generated when this region is rotated about the x axis.

Question 2:
Sketch the curve x^2=4ay and shade the region bounded by the curve and the Latus rectum y= a. Find the volume of the solid generated when this region is rotated about the axis of symmetry of the parabola.

Please help if you want me to send my solutions I can
Possibly you have set up the correct integrals but are just making errors in evaluating them. What integrals did you set up?

kpad5991

HSC
Re: Questions that are driving me crazy cause I can't get the answers that match the

Oh thank you so much

kpad5991

HSC

What about question 1?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Are the answers: 27 unit2 and 40.5 pi unit3 ??

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

No its 18u^2 and 81/2 Pi u^3
Oh I made a very simple mistake for area - forgot to divide by 3/2. For volume, 40.5 pi is 81/2 pi; just easier to type out.

kpad5991

HSC

Oh I made a very simple mistake for area - forgot to divide by 3/2. For volume, 40.5 pi is 81/2 pi; just easier to type out.
Can you send me your solutions?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Can you send me your solutions?
i)

ii)

Edit: don't know why my part ii) is not displayed?? Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

nnn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)