Inquiry about Coroneos and Pheonix Textbooks. (1 Viewer)

Heresy

HSC
The Coroneos 3U Textbook is old, but is it still applicable to today's Extension Course? And is the Coroneos Textbook worth buying?

Is the Pheonix 3U Textbook a combination of past papers or is it like a regular math textbook?

If these questions could be answered, that would really help - thanks!

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Pheonix is a combination of past paper questions. Our school has the 1990-1999 version, not sure if it has been updated.

Coroneos is essentially a bunch of (I'm assuming) quality questions they may be worth your investment as well.

Personally I do not own either, but I do use the Pheonix one from school (Today in fact!)

Heresy

HSC
Pheonix is a combination of past paper questions. Our school has the 1990-1999 version, not sure if it has been updated.

Coroneos is essentially a bunch of (I'm assuming) quality questions they may be worth your investment as well.

Personally I do not own either, but I do use the Pheonix one from school (Today in fact!)
Thank you!

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
Coroneos is an amazing textbook. It's not just the good questions, the number and quality of worked solutions is amazing, and it's well worth the investment IF you teach yourself a lot of topics.

If you have a great teacher, just stick to your current textbook (whatever it is), and spend your time doing past papers and past paper questions.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
The Coroneos 3U Textbook is old, but is it still applicable to today's Extension Course? And is the Coroneos Textbook worth buying?

Is the Pheonix 3U Textbook a combination of past papers or is it like a regular math textbook?

If these questions could be answered, that would really help - thanks!
Coroneos <3

Heresy

HSC
Coroneos is an amazing textbook. It's not just the good questions, the number and quality of worked solutions is amazing, and it's well worth the investment IF you teach yourself a lot of topics.

If you have a great teacher, just stick to your current textbook (whatever it is), and spend your time doing past papers and past paper questions.
Thanks for your response! I really just want to do more problems, so I can earn better marks than everyone else. My teacher is okay I guess, but I may invest in a Coroneus Textbook anyways.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
then you should spend your time doing past paper questions.

use a tool like greenshot to comb through past papers - there are 1000s available online nowadays - and screenshot --> paste into word document. categorise questions into topics etc.

additional benefit: you can look at past papers which have worked solutions only, so you'll have the solutions as well in case you need help.

imo: use textbooks to learn material, then forget the textbook and just do past paper questions.

/2c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)