Maths 3U Textbook Help (1 Viewer)

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I was wondering, should I purchase another maths textbook for 3U? Our school is using Cambridge. Are there any texts which you recommend, e.g. Terry Lee Fundamental, Coroneos, & Fitzpatrick? In your opinion, which textbook is the best, and if you were to rank them in what order would you do so?

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Cambridge Enhanced > Coroneos > Fitzpatrick

Never used Terry Lee so can't comment on it.

Cambridge alone should be enough to get you through the course.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Cambridge has those Challenge questions which are quite tough if you like those.

However, I had this habit of completing every question in whichever textbook I chose, so I avoided Cambridge since I reckon many of those challenge questions (although interesting) would unnecessarily over-prepare me for the exam.

Personally I prefer Fitzpatrick for 2u and 3u since I felt the questions weren't too easy, and the hardest questions would be similar to the hardest problems you get in the HSC. If you can do every question in Fitzpatrick, you'll be able to do every problem in any exam of any year. The same probably applies to Cambridge if you avoid the challenge questions for time efficiency. I definitely vote Cambridge for 4u though.

Never used TL or Coroneos.

Heresy

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering, should I purchase another maths textbook for 3U? Our school is using Cambridge. Are there any texts which you recommend, e.g. Terry Lee Fundamental, Coroneos, & Fitzpatrick? In your opinion, which textbook is the best, and if you were to rank them in what order would you do so?

Cambridge should be more than enough

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, thank you all for your responses! I guess I'll stick with Cambridge :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)