Surviving Extension Maths (1 Viewer)

immobilisingtime

HSC
Hi, would anyone mind sharing their tips and tricks to getting a fairly decent mark in Ext. Maths? I just had my first assessment today and I feel like bursting into tears because I didn’t realise how difficult it was going to be, and that maybe I didn’t prepare for it as well as I should’ve. Anyway, I’m looking to improve, I’d be really grateful if someone gave me some ideas on how to better my study time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
try doing more practice questions, and revising key concepts. Figure out where you're going wrong and work from there. I have some study material linked in my sig

HeroWise

HSC
You dont survive extension maths. Extension maths survives you.

Just get ahead in work and you will be fine

QWE-RTY

HSC
I have the same problem. I do loads of past papers, but my understanding of the concepts aren't complete which makes doing harder/ unexpected questions very difficult. So how exactly do you guys make sure you fully understand every topic? Tutoring and school haven't been very helpful.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Make sure you understand the logic of where everything comes from (e.g. derivations of formulas) as it reinforces your understanding of how certain formulas work and when they don't work.

Otherwise, you're just working with a black box that you don't understand and therefore don't know when to use it. Rote learning only gets you so far in extension maths...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)