anyone studying dance 2006? (1 Viewer)

sammy77

HSC
hey im studying dance but im only in year 11 sorry love, have u thought of ideas for compostion?????? coz i gotta do one this year and im so screwed for ideas!!!!!!!

misspeta

HSC
ive changed my idea 3 times already
from
fatigue and showing the symptoms for fatigue
to
showing a fish exploring his new home
to
showing the life of a medium and how the ghost interfers with their life.

and for major comp im doing
2 best friends having a play fight like a immature "im not your friend anymore" thing

lassssa

HSC
hey misspeta yeah im studying dance this year for year 12, doesnt look like many ppl are :S Im so screwed for my Core Comp, i just suck at making up dances lol, im only good at performing. im still really not happy with my idea, and finding music...arghhh. Hey i have my dance exam tomorrow, not sure if u will get this before then but do u have any good notes on any of Jarditan Cat or Falling Angels. I have to do 2 essays. one on Jiri Kylian and the other actually on the movement in Jarditan Cat

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i never heard of 'dance' lol. do you do the course at school or somewhere else?

alyceharrington

HSC
Hey!
Yup i am doing dance this year (Year 12) at school,have been since year 9. My ideas so are for core: The three wise monkeys: hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
For my major i am doing: Egyptain, Cleopatas personailty

i have my half yearlys in 2 weeks which my core has to be completed and half of my major has to be completed plus two essays on Falling Angels by Jiri Kylians and Jirdi Tancat.

If anyone has any notes or would like to swap notes with me my email is either :
trackies_r_cool@hotmail.com
aharrington@mlcsyd.nsw.edu.au

Look forward to hearing from you guys

misspeta

HSC
oh niceee
are u majoring in performance?
not swapping is goooood
for my half yearlys next week we need
2mins of comp a viva
core perfomace a viva
and a 2 hour exam
yay haha

alyceharrington

HSC
Hey,

Yup i am majoring in performance.. sounds alot easier to what our school has to be done, our WHOLE CORE and half of our major with the vice versa for all.. plus two exams which consist of one which 2 essays on the performaces we have watched which are Falling Angels and Jirdi Tancat. Both of them are pretty easy and i could grab hold the the concept/intent pretty easy and ive done many pract essays which makes it alot easier! I just cant wait to the exam period is over and its the holidays. I was talkin to my half sister who i dont really see that much and her exam period consists her them sitting in class doing assessments taks which i think is like really unfair. Our school has them in these really big halls making us all sit apart and everything. How does your school do the exam period.

Alyce Harrington

becasey

HSC
N/A
hey im doing dance for yr 12 for my core comp im doing the explosion of fire and i have no idea wat to do for my major comp any ideas
if any one wonts to swap notes becks125@hotmail.com im morethen happy to see wat others have

southafricanhun

HSC
Hey there.... Im doing dance for the HSC this year....

Just so u know guys.... Its "Jardi Tancat" not "Jarditan Cat" or "Jirdi Tancat" and yes composition does suck quite considerably.....

I've made up 2 minutes of my core and havent even thought about major yet... i think music hunts SUCK quite hugely and I just cannot come up with an intent that im happy with.... boo!!!! Two or three dancers??? Argh, too many decisions....

And appreciation.... Falling Angels is all good but Jardi Tancat... there is SOOO much to remember... where sections start and end and all that jazz...

I have my half yearly prac exam tomorrow.... freaking out... I just stuffed up my leg and i have to do prac!!! OH WELL! Anyone wanna offer some major ideas that they have or had and thrown out?

Thanks guys!

maharlapenny

HSC
im doing dance yr 12, by correspondance
im so screwed. my exam is real soon and i have nothing on nacho duato and barely anything on jyri kylian.
anyone with any notes on anything please please please let me know.
doing things by correspondance sucks. i'll never get any notes in time and theres barely any biographys on the net about nacho duato.

anyone with anything
nobody_likes_pickles@hotmail.com

thanks!

emmalofaro

HSC
Yeah I'm studying Dance in year 12 (this year)
I've chosen Composition as my major...
So much work!

shaza06

HSC
hi my name is chanel and im doing dance for the hsc. well i'm in the middle of doin compostion the 3-4 min dance. i never knew it was so hard to make up a dance to go with your theme. my theme is jealous, and im using the song girlfriend by alicia keys and for the major comp i wanted to my humps by black eyed peas with the theme of prostitution but mi dance teacher doesnt know if the song will be safe so with some rude words like sex. if ne 1 wants help to figure out a good theme or songs msg me now im pretty good at it, but i dont know much about jiri klyians falling angels and how it relates to paradox
if ne 1 can help please msg me now

katy-g

HSC
Pick me :D

Im doing dance...

Majoring in performance....

Scary to think our prac exams are in august!!! Its coming soooooo soon!

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Out of experience, it's probably easier to use instrumental music. If you like 'My humps' try an instrumental version. If you do choose a song that has lyrics- be carefull, you'll be asked questions on relation to each movement and stuff like that. You'll need to analyse the lyrics carefully along with each corrosponding movment. Having chosen a song with lyrics in early year 12, my teacher advised me to steer clear and I chose Rage against the Machines and stuff from the Matrix album.

sammy77

HSC
hey true true u want to stay clear of lyrics, especially if they are about ur intent/stimulus.....a chick 2 years above me did frogs as her stimulus...and she chose a song "Rebit went the little green frog one day" U no that oine off play skool or something??? and she got marked down really made as the markers thought that she was using the song to convey her menaing instead of thru movement. so if i were u i wouldn't use any music with lyrics at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im only in yr 11 so i cant help any of u guys sorry....

Last edited:

mzPO5R

HSC
ive got my major performance tomorrow .. im so scared !!
its not the dance im worried about .. its the viva voce ..
i wonder what the question will be about .. stressing !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)