Having a whinge (1 Viewer)

misspeta

HSC
1. yr11 and yr12 is joined..yr11s have a bitch when we need the mirrors and we are usually shoved out in the hallway for comp lessons

2. teachers told me i have to change my core comp it is now APRIL i have told them my idea since FERUARY they have heard my music and didnt say anything until i got shit marks for comp grr

3. it is now APRIL they have not giving me any info about major comp and are persuading me to do major performance basically because it s easier for them

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Yeah, dance seems to be a bit slack in all schools!!!
I'd suggest asking the principal or someone high up, not just for you guys but future HSC dancers to get perhaps two studios. Although, we tried that- we didn't even have a proper floor lol, we danced on cement for two years- but we ended up dancing down at a proper studios on the weekends (Dedicated teacher i swear)
- Major performance is alot easier in a way- seeing as you don't have the hassle of taking up more time, genrally core and major performance can have some similar elements, and you don't need extra time for comp. That's what our teacher said. All 3 of us ended up doing perf instead of Appreciation / comp for major.
- Music and core comp. Don't totally stress, sit down with teacher/s and explain what process you've been through, give them good reasons not to have to change core comp. If you haven't rehersed it with your dancer yet they'll probably make you change, but if not- there's always room for a tiny bit of change.. Enough for them to notice.
As you say it's april, and Dance exams (prac) are always rediculously early. (god I hated the exams on the 8th and 9th of august!!!) but don't stress. You've got a few months. Take it easy!
Best of luck!

kathrynso

HSC
At my school, the drama students and the dance students are always arguing, until we got kicked out into the staff common room to dance [flooring is bad].

For a long time, we tried to get a dance studio built but the government wouldn't allow it.

There's only two students in this year's Prelim dance class. lol

And next year we are doing Major performance instead of Composition.

I hope you do well in your exams. [fingers cross]

Monz

HSC
Well if you're capable of doing major performance, do it, because it usually works out less stressful on you as well (as you can get someone else to chorey it). The thing with there only being one studio...is it possible for the year 11s to use your hall (if you have one) or another classroom that's unused at that time (move the desks or whatever), because in the long run, prelim. doesn't count...HSC does. Either that or if you go to a dance studio outside of school hours you could arrange with your dance teacher to use that space when she's not (but this depends on whether your studio owns their studio space or not).
Don't stress about having to change your core comp. I was changing my core comp. up until about two weeks before my exam, which is fine if your dancer is quick to pick up things.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hey, Don't worry about floor space. Suggest to your teacher to try and hire out either a universitys gym facilites (usually they'll have proper dance studios, sprung floor and what not) or hire out a studio. That's what we had to do, seeing as we had nothing but a concerte playground as our 'dance stud*o' in our school- Governments are usless and don't rely on them. Ask your teacher to investigate looking for a proper studio. We ended up hiring out in year 12, 3 different studios, one on Cleaveland street, the other in the middle of the city on Castlereigh, then finally a great studio at UNSW. Although we had to practice all day sunday, and towards the hsc on saturdays, it was well worth it, and it was cheap too.
Don't sit around doing nothing and complaining. Do something about it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)