composition & apreciation (1 Viewer)

kaylaa

HSC
ok im doing insomnia for my comp. now i no alot of people do this so i want it to be original but i am havin trouble generating movements...any suggestions will be very helpful!

appreciation is on falling angels.
we have started it but our teacher wont give us to much info
cos she wants us to develope our own opinion on the work
but this is not helpful seen as i aint even sure wot the work is about??
any notes at all on FALLING ANGELS would be a great help!

thanks. xx

emma2710

HSC
hey! just thought i'd help you out a little.. i have alot of trouble with composition.. i hate it.. just start with your motif and manipulate it 16 ways and also using space time and dynamics. i know its not easy but just play around with movement. also i have taken plenty of notes on jiri killians FALLEN ANGELS.. and ill post them to you shortly.. when i get the time. ok hopefully you have some idea... byyyye!

kaylaa

HSC
thankyou so much for the advice.
and if you post them notes it would be a great help.
thanks heaps. xx

beksta

HSC
N/A
For generating movements I say improvise.. really think abotu what insomnia is and what it is that you want to convey... dance to music.. it helps if you can do this to the music you are currently using for your piece..

Falling Angels... as with any appreciation paper if you can back up your interpretation with solid quotes.. you cant be wrong...

kathrynso

HSC
I've just finished my core composition piece today. Yes it is difficult to start I mean i had a whole term wasted just because I had trouble wit starting it and developing onwards.

I'm not too sure how you would convey insomnia but how i did mine was make literal movements to your idea and then abstract and improvise. use that movement that youve created and then manipulate it into different ways like body parts, duration, dimension and basically all your other [space, time and dynamics] stuff. If youre really stuck, show your teacher what you have come up with and work from there =)

Good luck!

lilgriffo

HSC
we have been give two possible interpretations for falling angels
1.- womens role in society
2.- the dancing industry

work out the motifs that could pobbily suggest the issues withing these interepreattions i.e grabbing of leotard could be body image??(striving for perfection etc) within the dancing industry

as for composition what has honestly helped me is a good peice of music..i know your not suppose to do it that way but it was what created my movements!
also have strong motif that has enought in it to manipulate it usignt he 16 diff ways!
hope this helps!!!
x
p.s 'Kathrynso' i can't belive youv'e finished eep!

kathrynso

HSC
Heehee Yeah.... But now I'm teaching it o my student which feels like I'm just starting over again. My original piece has changed thousand times over and will continue changing... Lol I think I'm at about 2 mins

Good Luck Everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)