Practical Examination Thoughts 07 (1 Viewer)

kathrynso

HSC
I was pretty happy with all my dances. I could have done better in my Major P but what can you do? Lol I was the last person to get marked on Friday but the all the ladies were very nice. hehe
I will comment on my vivas in a wek's time. I thought mine were pretty easy, I don't know if I answered them correctly though.

Oh.. joy for trial appreciation on wednesday.. i cry..

I'm sooo annoyed at how we get our marks for this subject at the end of the year. They should separate the marks for each section so we know how we did in all of them arg. Oh well

Good luck to every one else!!!!!!!:) :wave:

emma2710

HSC
i think they said we could discuss the viva questions after the 18th.. well its the 18th today. i did my HSC dance on the 7th.. it was the second day... i thought it was great how all the questions were different. my major question was so HARD! but my other 2 were fine so hopefully i can atleast get 4/8 for major. how was yours?

sparkle66

HSC
I'm suprised we all had different viva questions?.. I thought there was just one for each section..

beksta

HSC
N/A
The examination committe obviously felt that having 1 question only was not good/fair for candidates.

There were several questions for each component, possibly 4 or 5.

sparkle66

HSC
i think its way more fair to have only one question for each thing! coz my questions were heaps easy compared to what other people got that I've asked. o well..

kathrynso

HSC
I think that having different viva voce questions is a fantastic idea, it's about time that BOS caught on to the fact that people have been cheating for the past... I don't know who many years... Lol.
I mean, it's only easy if you know your stuff, therefore it would be wise to study all of your dance, but i guess it's all over for our pracs for dance *sigh*
Emma: Yeah I think I did pretty good. My core perf. I got really nervous in but the other two were good. (Btw I'm not a technical dancer that come from PA schools lol)
Well it's the 21st so I'll tell you guys what I got:
CP - Injury prevention (yes!)
CC - Unity (Double yes!)
MP - Pelvic alignment + quality of line (I was really bummed about this question because I was so excited to tell them about my intent and what not and they gave me a safe dance question! arg lol oh well.)

Lol, I was the last person for the first week at the particular venue to do my Major. (I read back to my first post and realised I already wrote this)

sparkle66

HSC
well i got -->

CP - Body Maintenance

CC - Motifs

MC - Space

thank goodness they were easy.. coz I was freaking out.

beksta

HSC
N/A
The exam committe arent allowed to make 1 question harder than the others. Its all relative and depends on what strengths you have/what you have studied.

As for fairness, I think its fairer to have multiple questions too. Cheating should not be tolerated at the HSC and people shouldnt feel bullied in to telling people the questions (which is, lets face it what happens)

loloutaface

Banned
HSC
N/A
i advise futur dance studnts 2 drop dance imediately its a shit sub

RayMonda

HSC
N/A
“As for fairness, I think its fairer to have multiple questions too. Cheating should not be tolerated at the HSC and people shouldnt feel bullied in to telling people the questions (which is, lets face it what happens)”

Beksta, I couldn’t agree more!! I sat last year as an external student as my school doesn’t offer the subject and this is exactly what went on, but as I was external I was out of “the loop” – which I was actually happy about because I knew my work inside out and ended up doing better than the ones who were swapping the info any way – I really enjoyed the subject.

It’s good that the Board is trying to sort things out. They also need to look at a better way of examining the composition component. I had to watch in horror as my dancer “accidentally forgot” my composition. Out of the blue she danced absolute rubbish that was totally unrelated to my chore or, of course, my viva. There was nothing I could do and as I was external I couldn’t fall back on my assessment. It all hinged on the integrity of my dancer on the day. I was devastated.

kathrynso

HSC
I must disagree. Dance is a wonderful subject! Lol. I think only 5% of my school think that.. since there's no senior classes for next year. sigh.

It's good when your teacher knows their stuff and you like what you're doing.

Good luck to CallBack students!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)