Extension 2 dance (1 Viewer)

fisho

HSC
OMG! I'm sooooooooo nervous for extension 2 Dance. It's frickn' next week! I've so gotta cram study!
Anyone got any tips on some awesome new dance moves - ive got nothing at the moment.:uhoh:

fisho

HSC
Whoa! serious?
You'd better study up.
Have u mastered the tripple swivel twist dance formation yet. I believe that would be in it - i think it's an 8 marker!

minhduk

HSC
wow i love dancing but i dont realli do it in my school
wat kind of dancing u guys do for the exam ? , just wonder
anyway , gud luck wid ur exam
feel the beat , never miss one !

henry08

HSC
N/A
There is no extension, extension 2, or extension 3 dance course.

HSC
Extension 3 ?? Farken nerdzz

I'm barely coping with D.S.L.

Just.waiting

HSC
I don't do dance personally, but I hear that dance theory is alot like English:
ie, they use this particular movement to show blah blah blah

AmyleaG

HSC
Lol extension dance. Does not exist. I do dance, and BTW, it does scale quite well if you put the work in and is an extremely difficult subject. For all the people with their sarcastic comments, let me put it into perspective - I do advanced english and it was a breeze compared to dance. You need to learn a completely different language, and besides the pratical, it had more theory than any "theory" subject I had. And I would suggest that if it was compulsary, you would all dismally fail.

Zeber

HSC
AmyleaG said:
Lol extension dance. Does not exist. I do dance, and BTW, it does scale quite well if you put the work in and is an extremely difficult subject. For all the people with their sarcastic comments, let me put it into perspective - I do advanced english and it was a breeze compared to dance. You need to learn a completely different language, and besides the pratical, it had more theory than any "theory" subject I had. And I would suggest that if it was compulsary, you would all dismally fail.
Practical*
Compulsory*

You need to improve your English.

And it's not a good idea to denounce a stereotype/generalisation by producing one of your own.

AmyleaG

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Why don't they have a show on such exams? I'd die to see everyone dancing on the stage!
There is, it's called Call back. Last year it was held at Newtown school of the performing arts, but I think it changes. How it works is every dance piece that receives %100 in the HSC is nominated, and then they are taped and sent away. The best of the best are then chosen for show.

AmyleaG

HSC
Zeber said:
Practical*
Compulsory*

You need to improve your English.

And it's not a good idea to denounce a stereotype/generalisation by producing one of your own.
Haha how lovely of you to spend your time checking my typo's. I am trying to get you all to understand how difficult I fould the course to be, coming from the highest scoring HSC dance school, to possibly make you understand it isn't just dancing around the room and having a good time.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
If I was in charge, I would remove the Dance course from the syllabus. Waste of time.

Natendo

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
If I was in charge, I would remove the Dance course from the syllabus. Waste of time.
Well lucky then you don't have the power to do so :D

AmyleaG

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
These kinds of people are exactly who I was aiming my previous comments at. Dance is an artform dating back thousands of years. If you remove dance would you also remove other artforms such as drama, visual arts and music?

Naivity is the problem here because you obviously know nothing about the course - I would love you to see the dance HSC syllabus to see the strong history and of the artform and the intensity of studying it.

Just.waiting

HSC
AmyleaG said:
These kinds of people are exactly who I was aiming my previous comments at. Dance is an artform dating back thousands of years. If you remove dance would you also remove other artforms such as drama, visual arts and music?

Naivity is the problem here because you obviously know nothing about the course - I would love you to see the dance HSC syllabus to see the strong history and of the artform and the intensity of studying it.

ewwwww don't degrade VA by comparing it with dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)