Thread: Call Back!!

Talking Call Back!!

Has anyone else heard about call back?!?!

Cadet
    2 girls from my dance class got call back! one core comp and one major comp

Cadet
    HSC
    i wanna know!!! my dance teacher has recieved the letter but wont tell us till after the exam... its killing me!!!!

Red face ...

Well after the exam will be to late cause we had to submit videos of the works for nomintion, so im sorry to say but i dont think any of you were sucessful if she hasnt told you by now.

Cadet
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by jade04
    Well after the exam will be to late cause we had to submit videos of the works for nomintion, so im sorry to say but i dont think any of you were sucessful if she hasnt told you by now.
    we filmed all of our works before the end of term bcoz they had to be shown at our huge drama night... they also had to be filmed each time we did a practical exam hence why she hasnt told us... so im pretty sure we are in for a chance

HSC
    When is call back? I'd be interested to go and watch it... I saw the NSW Schools State Dance Festival and it was a really good show, so I would be interested to see the best HSC dance works.
    Ashlee
    My Blog
    Graduate of BA Communications (Journalism) @ UTS[/B]

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A
    Oh, cool, we were in that... we did "Soul Mates".

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by emmamar
    we filmed all of our works before the end of term bcoz they had to be shown at our huge drama night... they also had to be filmed each time we did a practical exam hence why she hasnt told us... so im pretty sure we are in for a chance
    yeah we had to film ours every assesment aswell, but i think you have to do a new one and sign some papers, the girls in my class who got in had to go in and film them again and speak on the video.
    think you have to go thru another selection process aswell to get in for sure. not real sure of the set up...

2 people from my school got nominated 1 for core comp and core performance and the other for core performance. Call back is normally on in Sydney in February sometime just ask ur school. 4 those who said their teacher won't tell them ur teachers don't even know until u tel them. u get a leta sent straight to ur house.
    My sister is a dance teacher and her students had to tel her that was how she found out.
    4 those who r stressing bout apprciation just remember it will always relate back to the intent, motifs and how the chorographers have done this. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Cadet
    it was at newtown performing arts school last year, it was really good, and at the opera house before that. the one at the opera house we saw was awsome, cant wait to go see our 2 gils do theirs this year. good luck to everyone in core appreciation!

Callbak is definetly in feb next year at newtown performing arts high school.
    I was lucky enough 2 b nominated 4 all 3 of my works, 2 of which got accepted. The letters all got sent 2 me personally and my school received no notification wat so eva so if ur teacher is witholding info thats a lil strange....
    U should all get along 2 c it....i went the last 3 yrs and its really good. Encourage ppl in the years below u doing dance 2 go also cause its a worth while thing 2 c if ur headin into hsc dance in the future.

yes, they're my legs. llamalope's Avatar
    HSC
    Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to return in about 6 months. Don't forget me!
    bloody f*in callback.... I was screwed ova i tell you(Hsc 2003)!!!! but heaps of ppl from my school always get nominated......so at least we're represented!

Lyshiez
    HSC
    Uni Grad
    Anyone know the dates call back is on this year.... our yr 12 class wants to go... the whole 7 of us.:P Teacher has a sneek suspision it is next week... anyone know????
    STTRRREEESSSSS is the key to life... if theres no stress there;s no life!

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by chooky_girl26
    Anyone know the dates call back is on this year.... our yr 12 class wants to go... the whole 7 of us.:P Teacher has a sneek suspision it is next week... anyone know????
    Hey! The dates for Callback are from the 8th to 12th of February at Newtown High School of the Performing Arts. Each performance is at 7:30pm each night, but there is also a new Matinee performance on Friday the 11th with a Discussion of Marking Criteria with the Supervisor of Marking. Also Saturday has a 2pm matinee as well as the 7:30pm performance. Your teacher should have some details on how to obtain tickets. I am also lucky enough to be performing 2 of my HSC works at CallBack this year! Hope that helps...
    ~* Class of 2004 *~
    2005 - Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science - Nuclear Medicine Technology
    2006 - Bachelor of Arts - Musical Theatre (WAAPA)

Lyshiez
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Wink

Thanks for that info
    My teacher found out this morning.. and got told to ring tomorrow to see if there was any space left for 7 of us as we never got told last year we could book tickets before the end of the year. Hope we go. It was really good last year. But there was a few i think shouldn't have been there... ne ways taa.
    I'm also wondering if any has a tape of the ochres... of if i can get it from the video store. I don't have enough notes on it... like movements and meanings and stuff. Could someone plz tell me.. it would be greatly appreciated .
    STTRRREEESSSSS is the key to life... if theres no stress there;s no life!

Lyshiez
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Talking

Just came back from the 2pm callback on the saturday the 12th of Febuary. GO KATRINA I LOVE YA hehehe anyways i can't belive how flexable those girls are... it is so so unfair. kill them all.. hehehe i like the music for the dance called the seasons... i could use the first bit of that music sounding like water ... i really could. I'd love to get into callback... i won't though.... the elastic dance was great... shit they are so flexable.... i am scared i won't stand a chance of getting into callback because my dance is like the complete opposite of everyones i just saw. opposite isn't always good... hope i get in... anyways.. yeh i really really engjoyed... congrates to all who performed in it.... love it... love ya all
    Nite
    xoxoxo

HSC

Re: Call Back!!

i was lucky enough to get nominated for all three, core comp, core performance and major performance, i was pretty excited. ive never been n watched call back so either way itll be fun

HSC

hey tamara..

just thought id let you know that this thread was created in 2004.. but congratulations!! everyone in my class got nominated!! we were all soo excited =)
    Music.Dance.CAFS.EnglishAdv.Mathematics.Religion2.

"Love Is When You Don't Want To Go To Sleep, Because Reality Is Better Than A Dream."

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

wow alybabz what school did you attend ? Your WHOLE CLASS got nominated?!
    btw, anyone know when the 2011 chosen ones get announced? not that we've done our exams yet, but they're in a couple of weeks so thought I'd start to think about this hahaa

HSC

apparently one of our girls got the callback for everything in dance. she was pretty stoked.

Thread Information