Major Study (1 Viewer)

Nicoleigh

What is everyone doing for major study?
If you're doing composition, are you doing 2 or 3 dancers? Are you dancing in it? Are you getting frustrated or finding it hard?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
im going to go on stage with a packet of frozen shrimp, two unicycles and a toothbrush and just see what happens. dickpants is doing backing music, he's gonna play the knee spoons

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
our new chinese coach, xiao ping do, is amazing. he taught me ways in which to move my feet which i would have never thought possible. he does this with the use of a baseball bat. god bless his soul

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh kids, there you are... heh, i saw um as the last poster and i had a feeling something was terribly wrong. :(
hmm... poor nicoleigh... um, i know someone who did her hsc dance in yr11! and i think she did really well and performed it at some dance thingy. yea. i saw some dance items last year, and it was pretty cool!

Universal

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know when the State Dance Festival is on?
Did anybody watch or perform in regionals?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
um. what do you like? i was thinking of going something a bit more exotic this time, you know like oporto's maybe. and since i'm such a classy guy, a soft serve from macca's may even enter the equation for dessert.
i almost spelt 'equation' with an 's' then.

Universal

HSC
N/A
Oporto...awww... you are a sweety arn't you?
Hehehe are you sure it won't blow your budget?

Universal

HSC
N/A
Haha Oporto it is then...
but wait.... my shout this time.. seeing it's ur birthday and all.

sar sar

Banned
bloody shits me that dance came in as a subject AFTER us.. i so would have done it

fucken board of studies

oh and nic, three ppl dancing would look cool but would be much harder to produce. then again, with 2 dancers u could do some sort of partner stuff and yeah..

THEN AGAIN, if u do it urself, u can definetly be guaranteed quality.. that is if u can dance

do u do a group and a solo piece? is it kinda like drama but dancing instead?

Last edited:

Nicoleigh

There are 3 compulsory components in dance:
Core Performance; where you yourself dance a 3-5 min dance, and you are marked on technique.
Core Composition; where you choreograph a 3-5 min dance, and another dancer performs for you
Core Appreciation; 2 essays related to 2 dance videos, this year it is Ochres by Stephen Page and Rooster by Christopher Bruce.

Then you do a major study. It can be either composition, performance or appreciation.
Composition consists of a 4-6 min dance with a minimum of 2 dancers and a maximum of 3.
Performance is a 4-6 minute dance where your technique must be perfect!
Appreciation is another essay on a period of dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)