what do u do if.... (1 Viewer)

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
your dancer for core compostiion has swollen her feet two weeks before your hsc with the possibility of the physio saying not to dance for up to a mth?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Umm, you could apply for Special provisions - umm.. Ring up the board of studies.. or talk to your teacher as soon as possible..
Its a bad situation, - But if you apply for special provisions/ circumstances ( But you MUST MUST MUST have a doctors cerft from the Physio in anycase)
You MIGHT be able to perform it yourself (but this is VERY unlikley - not trying to be mean but i went through this )
but usually you would have to find someone else even if it is two weeks.

the term 'Swollen Feet' may not be such a valid excuse..
My dancer decided on the DAY of my Composition Exam to tell me that she has heart palputations and a heart condition.. ( I wish she'd told me earlier.. instead of on the day... Grrrr ) and that she might not be able to dance... And she had one the morning of the exam.. while at Brent Street Studios (the actual Exam dance studios on the day ... more like 20 mins before the 9.00 am exam )
And, luckily she did it.. with a few mistakes but meh.. we explained to the examiners etc... no special circumstances

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
dancer

Yeh.... i seen her today.... she can hardly walk... she said she will do it no matter what... but i don't want her to be over strained... she has a particular condition with her feet which is the actual swelling of nerves in her feet.... i can do my trial on tuesday... and i'll see how she is then.... if she rests it should be ok.... she also gets panic attacks to the point where she can be hospitolized and bad asthma.... we have a shortage of dancers at the school .... so if i had to teach it to someone else... well that is impossible

beksta

HSC
N/A
Basically special provisions will probably not be awarded... the options are teaching another dancer and filling out the spec prov forms... or continuing on which could be even more detrimental to your marks.

Also do you really want her to be dancing if she is that bad?? have some sense and think that possibly it's not the best for her

Sirris

HSC
hsc dance

i know exactly how u feel.. two of my dancers pulled out of my major composition 3 weeks b4 hsc.. i ended up having to do it and spent ages having to teach someone else to fill in the other spot..

also for core comp.. my dancer sprained her ankle and i had a slip disc in my back so i was unable to finish my dance in time for our final assesments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)