how to get a good mark in this subject?? (1 Viewer)

Jo An Na

HSC
i'm an english as 2nd language student..
and it is really hard for me to get a good mark in english subj...
and since i'm an indonesian, my grammar is very bad and make my points non-understandable...
how to get a good mark in this subject??
:uhoh:

bassistx

HSC
If you keep stressing about grammar, you won't get anywhere.
Just read. Read as much English as you can.

For those of us who are more fluent in English, we know that "I am 12" is correct and "I is 12" is incorrect. We don't think about the grammar, it just comes to you automatically because you're so used to it.

Good luck.
Try to write more though and give your work to your teacher to correct.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
Dont watch movies for a start, with or without subtitles they are both really bad for you.

Secondly, dont pay to much attention to how people write in forums such as this, people usually write fast and hence leave out alot of grammer and shorten their words.

Lastly, I agree with bassistx, read heaps and practice writing. maybe some of the classics like Jane Austin and Joesph Conrade, even C.S. Lewis as these authors werewriting in times of proper english, alot of todays books and literature has the modern slang in it.

Good Luck

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Um um, not me! I don't make any grammar mistakes, ok? (just trying to be cranky. lolz)

Agree with both of the above: read more more more, write more more more (wrong grammar but have the emphasizing effect) And modern novels are quite attractive since they tackle modern issues which are much easier to comprehend. However, the classics can have some drawbacks since they can use some cliche' (but not at that time), some old-fashioned English and usage only appropriate to the medieval (yeah, exaggerating) but com'on the 19th century English can be quite clearly distinguished from nowadays English.

Only hardwork is paid off.

cheney31

HSC
one simple answer..
learn how to bullshit

and i mean it.. really important..

chltmddus112

HSC
make sure u check ur essay for ur exam with ur teacher and memorise it...

for grammars... read alot of books ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)