UBS IB Challenge? (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Is there anyone here entering the UBS IB Challange? Moreover, are there any 1st years entering the comp?

FinANce

HSC
Yeah I'm entering and I'm second year. It should be fun I reckon.

SertseSW

HSC
I'm going in it, got a bunch of friends together and signed up.

On an unrelated note, hmm... 99.95 doing Com/Law at UNSW, I wouldn't know you would I? :p

I'm also doing the same...and I know a few Scientias thats all. Though its probably not you lol. What class are you in?

*Edit*: I know who you are hehe.

Last edited:

volition

arr.
HSC
I'm not goin in that, I reckon i'll get pwned too badly and I don't have people to do it with :(

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
FinANce said:
Yeah I'm entering and I'm second year. It should be fun I reckon.
Fun
what does it actually involve which will make it so much fun ???

FinANce

HSC
sando said:
Fun
what does it actually involve which will make it so much fun ???
Not sure yet, so I guess the surprise is what makes it fun.

But I think it involves a group of students reading a case study 1 week before the presentation and trying to figure out a strategy of some sought to help company XXX do a shifty attack on company YYY. What could be more fun than that? I mean it's group work, power point presentation, and finance. :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I don't think I'll be doing it. I did the JPMorgan IB Comp last semeester, and while it was fun; I simply don't have the spare time this time round. And be prepared to be 'pwned' you will get grilled badly (asked hard questions) by the 'real' investment bankers. I still have last years case study and our presentation on CD!

I spent one week learning one whole subject (Applied Corporate Finance FINS3625). The fun bit is the pressure and group work. The JPMorgan IB Comp involved a case study for an M&A - we needed to valuations etc, debt financing etc. It's also a great way to practice your presentaiton skills, so if you have time, enter the comp!!

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
M@C D@DDY said:
when are the results announced?
Kevin, they already are. Ask your group leader to forward you any correspondence. Group leader = whoevers email was at the top on the application

Anyways, we got pwned good, lack of proper preparation but got what we wanted, a "learning experience" :)

kudos to any teams thru to the next round!

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
So does that mean they've also announced the best first year entrant already??
umm yea Amy's (fins co-op first yr, former sghs) group got that I think.. hope thats your group, if not don't fret and hope you learnt some stuff which will no doubt help you in fins :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't Arash/Chloe win the first year thing? They get to go on all the site visits and stuff every week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)