Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
Alritey, my 2nd semester sucks..

acct 2b which is famed as death
port mgmt
business transactions

and i originally had intl bizfins in there

the first 3 i need to get prereqs outta the way but ive been strongly advised not to throw in IBF with that combo lest ill struggle. there arent any shifty online gen eds to do during the semester so im looking at doing an accounting course instead, most of which only require 2a as a prereq (which im doing now)

thus, of the following (which 2a are prereqs for so i *should* be able to do in 2nd sem) is the easiest :)

acct3563
acct3583
acct3708

or should i just stick with IBF (fins3616)

acct & fins majors looking to get req. subjects for CA/CPA programs

thank ye oh glorious and so-ever-cool accountants :wave:

nufc-26

HSC
acct3583 is the only one there that has 2a as a prerequisite.
Im pretty sure that you need to do 2b as a prerequisite for the other 2 acct courses.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Do 3B next semester (ACCT3583), it's by far easier than any of your other considerations

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Hey buddy,

Hope IT's treating you well. When I was in session 2, I did . . .

Bus Transactions
Corporate Fin Reporting & Analysis (2B)
Stakeholder Value Management
Business Finance

Since you're doing Business Finance now, you might wanna consider doing the same except replace BF with Port (like what Minai said). It's good to get stakeholder out of the way now because you can complete your accounting major before IT2 (which helps in terms of the level of knowledge & understanding you have).

When you do IT2/3, you might want to do Entities and Tax, because they're hard subjects and you only need to do one subject at a time on IT, so you've got the entire weekend to work on them (yay!).

Btw, if you like a research perspective, honours for SVM is heaps cool and taught pretty well (Paul Andon takes it). I did it and I thought it was good.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
mr_shittles said:
Hey buddy,

Hope IT's treating you well. When I was in session 2, I did . . .

Bus Transactions
Corporate Fin Reporting & Analysis (2B)
Stakeholder Value Management
Business Finance

Since you're doing Business Finance now, you might wanna consider doing the same except replace BF with Port (like what Minai said). It's good to get stakeholder out of the way now because you can complete your accounting major before IT2 (which helps in terms of the level of knowledge & understanding you have).

When you do IT2/3, you might want to do Entities and Tax, because they're hard subjects and you only need to do one subject at a time on IT, so you've got the entire weekend to work on them (yay!).

Btw, if you like a research perspective, honours for SVM is heaps cool and taught pretty well (Paul Andon takes it). I did it and I thought it was good.

Thanks Minai & the newcastle fan.

yea ill go with SVM, id hate to rule out honours coz in all honesty if i found a topic that was just really interesting id luv to pursue it.. hows it work with choosing those courses? school approval + 65/70wam or above i assume? and considering im more an artsy type (die science!) a research perspective is definately something id luv to dig into, if its interesting that is ;)

IT1's going well, started late so im goin till mid-July which is interestin considering one of the guys is finishing up in 2 weeks (then again he didn't really get Dec. holidays..). Where you goin next sem for IT2?

Just came back from co-op leadership camp, twas alrite, but im absolutely buggered so a less lengthy spammy msg from me this time :)

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Sharpshooter said:
Thanks Minai & the newcastle fan.

yea ill go with SVM, id hate to rule out honours coz in all honesty if i found a topic that was just really interesting id luv to pursue it.. hows it work with choosing those courses? school approval + 65/70wam or above i assume? and considering im more an artsy type (die science!) a research perspective is definately something id luv to dig into, if its interesting that is ;)

IT1's going well, started late so im goin till mid-July which is interestin considering one of the guys is finishing up in 2 weeks (then again he didn't really get Dec. holidays..). Where you goin next sem for IT2?

Just came back from co-op leadership camp, twas alrite, but im absolutely buggered so a less lengthy spammy msg from me this time :)
yeah SVM honours is good, entry mark is distinction avg. for all accounting subjects (ie. 1a, 1b, 2a for you), and approval from head of school. research perspective is good because it adds a new dimension at looking at a concept.

I start IT@ in july @ westpac, so I'm heaps looking forward to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)