Dual Degree - First Year Subjects? (1 Viewer)

dazyn

HSC
Hey all,
Recently got an offer into UNSW Engineering/Commerce & their first year guidelines focus entirely on engo and I have to do 24 engo units in my first semester. All my mates are doing commerce though so am I allowed to choose commerce subjects instead of some engo subjects (so 12 units of each) ? or is unsw going to lol and stop me

a19901213

HSC
Hey all,
Recently got an offer into UNSW Engineering/Commerce & their first year guidelines focus entirely on engo and I have to do 24 engo units in my first semester. All my mates are doing commerce though so am I allowed to choose commerce subjects instead of some engo subjects (so 12 units of each) ? or is unsw going to lol and stop me
I believe guildline is just reference, don't think you have to exactly follow it

dazyn

HSC
So if I don't follow it I won't be shooting myself in the foot? :S

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The uni isn't going to stop you. If you stuff up in planning, the uni won't care - you're paying them money, so as far as they're concerned, you're just forking over more cash.

Follow the recommendations. Some of the courses they say you should take in Sem 1 may not be offered in Sem 2, so if you decide to take some Commerce courses (which are usually offered both semesters anyway), you may end up a year behind some of your cohort.

dazyn

HSC
Alright, I'll just follow the program then
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)