FINS1613 summer school roll call (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
REKT1613.

Now that I've lost my distinction WAM, what am I gonna say when girls ask for the 'D'?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hoping to scrape a 11 out of 12 from the quiz this week. 12 if im lucky on one of my guesses

HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like the signal is there already afterall, too many people enrolling in FINS1613 in sem 1, and now that Tumarkin probs got told off for making it too easy, guess it might not be that good afterall?

photastic

HSC
Looks like the signal is there already afterall, too many people enrolling in FINS1613 in sem 1, and now that Tumarkin probs got told off for making it too easy, guess it might not be that good afterall?
It was terrible that he said he may scale the quiz... which is worth only 10%.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
To be fair, I haven't been to lectures in 4 weeks so now I just have one contact hour per week and put in little effort at home and still am doing ok.

FINS1613 is nothing compared to everything else I study and the amount of hours I put into everything else.

I doubt it's been made harder or anything. It isn't THAT difficult. I'm pretty lazy with it so I'm not expecting great marks, but it is definitely manageable.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hoping to get at least above a 0 so i have some degree of scaling

HSC
Uni Grad
To be fair, I haven't been to lectures in 4 weeks so now I just have one contact hour per week and put in little effort at home and still am doing ok.

FINS1613 is nothing compared to everything else I study and the amount of hours I put into everything else.

I doubt it's been made harder or anything. It isn't THAT difficult. I'm pretty lazy with it so I'm not expecting great marks, but it is definitely manageable.
lol yup, that's coming from Engineering :p

Imo I found FINS1613 workload easier but the tests being much more difficult - I remember tutorial questions being very easy, but when it came to exams they bumped the difficulty a lot in comparison to what you learned in the tutorial.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
lol yup, that's coming from Engineering :p

Imo I found FINS1613 workload easier but the tests being much more difficult - I remember tutorial questions being very easy, but when it came to exams they bumped the difficulty a lot in comparison to what you learned in the tutorial.
I'm almost tempted to trick Comm students into doing an Engineering gen ed now (albeit, ELEC1112 as a first level course) :p

The fact that 1613 scales is just lol. I reckon a raw mark as a final mark might be a good idea for future years. It gives high expectations for first years and a reason why I'm doing it is to pretty much exploit no essays plus little workload plus juicy scaling.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
In saying that, you do need to put effort in if you want to hit the 80's and get on top of the cohort.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm almost tempted to trick Comm students into doing an Engineering gen ed now (albeit, ELEC1112 as a first level course) :p

The fact that 1613 scales is just lol. I reckon a raw mark as a final mark might be a good idea for future years. It gives high expectations for first years and a reason why I'm doing it is to pretty much exploit no essays plus little workload plus juicy scaling.
In saying that, you do need to put effort in if you want to hit the 80's and get on top of the cohort.
Ironically I did worse in FINS1613 than the rest of my engineering courses, but found the workload easier for the time I did actuarial (which was a commerce degree at the time).

Though that said, I honestly find the exams for my engineering subjects a lot easier, despite the relatively large workload. So probably why I did better. Also access to forbidden past papers helps a lot too.

I for one think that comm students should try an engg elective too and let us know of the workload. Then they could stop complaining about their commerce workload :p

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Ironically I did worse in FINS1613 than the rest of my engineering courses, but found the workload easier for the time I did actuarial (which was a commerce degree at the time).

Though that said, I honestly find the exams for my engineering subjects a lot easier, despite the relatively large workload. So probably why I did better. Also access to forbidden past papers helps a lot too.

I for one think that comm students should try an engg elective too and let us know of the workload. Then they could stop complaining about their commerce workload [emoji14]
Inb4 arts v engo v comm debate on unsw confessions

ebbygoo

HSC
wait... i have no idea what you guys are on about but I need to take FINS1613- should I do sem2 or next year?

mreditor16

HSC
wait... i have no idea what you guys are on about but I need to take FINS1613- should I do sem2 or next year?
Golden Rule of ASB - Don't take FINS1613 in Semester 2.

In all seriousness, try to delay it to Semester 1 next year, if possible.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
gg

dont u asb kids have to pay full fee for summer skool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)