Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RivalryofTroll

Thread: Is econ1101 hard?

  1. #1
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    4

    Is econ1101 hard?

    IM doing econ1101 and i never done economics in my entire life.
    I need to get 75 wam
    is it hard to get a high wam with this?

  2. #2
    Sleep Deprived Entity RivalryofTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    ECON1101, if you look at the course in Semester 1 2015 and Semester 2 2015, is arguably the easiest first year ASB course.

    Apparently over 60%~ of people got either a D or HD in Semester 1 and around 10+ people got 100 in the course.

    Plenty of students get a D or HD without having done high school Economics.
    mreditor16 likes this.
    “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”
    – Jim Rohn

  3. #3
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by RivalryofTroll View Post
    ECON1101, if you look at the course in Semester 1 2015 and Semester 2 2015, is arguably the easiest first year ASB course.

    Apparently over 60%~ of people got either a D or HD in Semester 1 and around 10+ people got 100 in the course.

    Plenty of students get a D or HD without having done high school Economics.
    do you think i can manage to get distinction even if i never did ecos?

  4. #4
    The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    10,728
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by NurriesDurries View Post
    do you think i can manage to get distinction even if i never did ecos?
    If you put in the work then I don't see why not.

    Economics is very different for the most part, and they don't assume prior knowledge.
    l’appel du vide


    Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

  5. #5
    listening to tapes Squar3root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    HSC
    2017
    Uni Grad
    2025
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    welcome to ur tape
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Easy af
    MX1 Notes | http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    B Engineering (Hons.) [Mechatronics] @UNSW 2018

  6. #6
    Sleep Deprived Entity RivalryofTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by NurriesDurries View Post
    do you think i can manage to get distinction even if i never did ecos?
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalryofTroll View Post
    ECON1101, if you look at the course in Semester 1 2015 and Semester 2 2015, is arguably the easiest first year ASB course.

    Apparently over 60%~ of people got either a D or HD in Semester 1 and around 10+ people got 100 in the course.

    Plenty of students get a D or HD without having done high school Economics.
    Refer to the last line of the above quote.

    But yes, you can.
    “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”
    – Jim Rohn

  7. #7
    Academic Tutor @ UNSW HeyJes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kensington
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Wow. People say it's easy but I found it really hard maybe I dig too deep ? Didn't expect to get a HD at the end tho
    Jess Ge
    BCommerce/Media at UNSW
    Taxation Accountant @ Murchisons

    Founder of @No More Cramming

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    I got credit (sem 2) without attending a lecture the whole semester and went to 9/12 tutorials just to pass the 80% attendance thing..

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    HSC
    2014
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2

    Question Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyJes View Post
    Wow. People say it's easy but I found it really hard maybe I dig too deep ? Didn't expect to get a HD at the end tho
    Wait, so you got a HD at the end? How did you find it (course content wise, and markings, etc)? I'm an Engineering student, and currently looking for a Gen Ed course to take. Would it be advisable for me to take this course? I'm new to this business stuff, and really don't know what to expect. I've looked at the course outline though and it seems interesting. I just want a fresh start into something new (outside of Engineering and Science). Would it be advisable for me to take this course?

    Thank you.

  10. #10
    Academic Tutor @ UNSW HeyJes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    HSC
    2012
    Uni Grad
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kensington
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Is econ1101 hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by rnbdlh View Post
    Wait, so you got a HD at the end? How did you find it (course content wise, and markings, etc)? I'm an Engineering student, and currently looking for a Gen Ed course to take. Would it be advisable for me to take this course? I'm new to this business stuff, and really don't know what to expect. I've looked at the course outline though and it seems interesting. I just want a fresh start into something new (outside of Engineering and Science). Would it be advisable for me to take this course?

    Thank you.
    Yes indeed. I find this course to be intuitive to our thinking in life too. It’s all about how you make a decision. You do learn heaps of fundamental economic concepts that are applicable to real life eg sunk cost, marginal utility, public good, monopoly, supply and demand ... so yeah by all means I would recommend this course to any student. Even now that I’m working, I find it useful.

    I’m sure a lot of commerce students take this course as one of their first commerce courses so you are all good. Plus it’s difficulty is reasonable compared to other first year courses (don’t take ECON1203).

    Marking wise as I took the course back in 2013, I found it decent. Should be a WAM booster if you study hard.

    Hope that helps!
    Jess Ge
    BCommerce/Media at UNSW
    Taxation Accountant @ Murchisons

    Founder of @No More Cramming

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •