UNSW Finance Major - Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

-Senpai

HSC
Background:

I've currently completed the following subjects (Keep in mind that I'm working ~40 hours a week and that doesn't even include the 2 - 3 hours travel time per day):

Semester 1 2016:

* ACCT1501

* MGMT1001

Semester 2 2016:

* ACCT1511

* ECON1101

* FINS1613

Summer School 2016/17:

* PHYS1160

I will be doing the following subjects for Semester 1 2017:

* ACCT2522

* ECON1203

* TABL1710

Situation:

So I initially wanted to complete an Accounting/Finance major but I had second thoughts on the finance major so I didn't select a finance subject for Semester 1. However, I got some advice and revised my decision on whether or not to continue pursuing a finance major.

If I were to follow the structure of ...

Semester 1 - 3 Subjects

Semester 2 - 3 Subjects

Summer School - 1 Subject

1) How can/should I approach the remainder of the major (Keep in mind that I'm also doing the Accounting major and effectively only need to complete 7 subjects)?

2) What finance subjects can be completed in the same semester (with reasonable difficulty)?

Any input from students undergoing their finance major would be much appreciated :)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Background:

I've currently completed the following subjects (Keep in mind that I'm working ~40 hours a week and that doesn't even include the 2 - 3 hours travel time per day):

Semester 1 2016:

* ACCT1501

* MGMT1001

Semester 2 2016:

* ACCT1511

* ECON1101

* FINS1613

Summer School 2016/17:

* PHYS1160

I will be doing the following subjects for Semester 1 2017:

* ACCT2522

* ECON1203

* TABL1710

Situation:

So I initially wanted to complete an Accounting/Finance major but I had second thoughts on the finance major so I didn't select a finance subject for Semester 1. However, I got some advice and revised my decision on whether or not to continue pursuing a finance major.

If I were to follow the structure of ...

Semester 1 - 3 Subjects

Semester 2 - 3 Subjects

Summer School - 1 Subject

1) How can/should I approach the remainder of the major (Keep in mind that I'm also doing the Accounting major and effectively only need to complete 7 subjects)?

2) What finance subjects can be completed in the same semester (with reasonable difficulty)?

Any input from students undergoing their finance major would be much appreciated :)
What are you working 40 hours per week doing? You've got to consider if the money is worth detracting from your ability to get a solid GPA, network and have a more rounded university experience. Doing well in your finance degree will set you up quite nicely to earn in the future.

-Senpai

HSC
What are you working 40 hours per week doing? You've got to consider if the money is worth detracting from your ability to get a solid GPA, network and have a more rounded university experience. Doing well in your finance degree will set you up quite nicely to earn in the future.
Cadetship

Anyone other than first years want to give their input?

(Don't want to be rude to you Zoinked but I need advice from people who have actually commenced their finance major)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)