Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kawaiipotato
  • 1 Post By baktiar77

Thread: Actuaries transfer help!

HSC
    N/A

Actuaries transfer help!

Highly considering transferring to Actuarial/Commerce from Advance Science/Commerce next year, but I'm still unsure.

With course selection coming out soon, I was wondering what the best way to approach this would be considering I'm changing degrees. Currently, I am in the progress of doing or having done ACCT1501, ACCT1511, ECON1101, MATH1081, MATH1141, MATH1241, MGMT1001 and SCIF1121.

Could i please get some advice/feedback on what courses to do next semester? The first year actuarial course is only available in semester 2, and the rest require this course as a prerequisite.

Thanks

Edit: Atm, considering doing FINS1613 and ECON1102

HSC

Re: Actuaries transfer help!

FINS1613 or ECON1102 would be good choices since they will both count to your CTs. Two of those subjects listed (MATH1081 & SCIF1121) won't count to your exemptions. You could ask for permission to do ACTL2111 I think (it might be tricky though because some knowledge from ACTL1101 would help a lot with it) - a friend of mine did it without doing ACTL1101.
    meatwad likes this.
    Sxc avatar made by a sxc person: carrotontheground http://community.boredofstudies.org/...otontheground/

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Actuaries transfer help!

In regards to Math1141/1241, make sure you have a 75+ mark in both before you consider transferring. Currently have a mate who switched from engo to acturial, and that was the main requirement for him to skip math1151/1251.

And yeah get some commerce and maths subjects done.
    meatwad likes this.

Thread Information