transferring from comm/law to actt/comm (1 Viewer)

hiimesh

HSC
hey guys, im currently doing comm law and just finishing off year 1 at UNSW, ive done 2 courses of law so far. but im not really enjoying it, tbh i realised i dont have much of a passion for law at all, and my law marks have taken a hit this semster, i got a distinction last semester. also, im not to keen on spending 5 years of uni and racking up 50k in debt lol. so, to avoid that and boost my career options in a world where technical qualities are highly desirable, im strongly considering changing to actl/comm. Currently, my wam is 79 (end of first sem), though i expect it will take a hit this sem due to the second law subject. Without law, my wam (only for comm courses), would have been around 82-3. My atar was good enough last year to get into actl, and should be good for this year as well, i got in the mid 98s. I did 4u maths in high school and got band 6 (92-3 if i remember correctly)

So can someone tell me, if i apply to transfer, will they look at both wam and atar? Or will the fact that my atar was/will be high enough to get into actl straight be sufficient?
Thanks, a worrying student who made a bad degree choice in first year.

baktiar77

HSC
Go through UAC first. As you mentioned you have a good ATAr, and stand a good chance of getting accepted as part of next year's intake.
One of my friend's who transferred SEM1, said they only looked at his ATAR (then again he got 99+ so lel). However I do believe they might have a look at your WAM regadless.

Your commece units should transfer over.

clementinez

HSC
N/A
You should contact the business faculty about internal program transfers. I don't think you need to apply through UAC at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)