UNSW commerce subjects?? (1 Viewer)

A Leaf

HSC
Hiya, doing BCom at UNSW in 2019 w/ Accounting and Finance major (with a plan to transfer into Com/Law...so I need a high WAM)

Which subjects should I pick? Or what were your experiences with your subjects when you did them?

So far I've picked the 4 core units and Accounting and Financial Management 1B (ACCT1511) and Macroeconomics 1 (ECON1102) and I'm unsure about the other 2 I should do...

Also, is the Business Finance unit (FINS1613) the 'intro' finance unit or is it FINS1612? Which is better to do first?:rudolf:

SuxMATH

HSC
N/A
Hiya, doing BCom at UNSW in 2019 w/ Accounting and Finance major (with a plan to transfer into Com/Law...so I need a high WAM)

Which subjects should I pick? Or what were your experiences with your subjects when you did them?

So far I've picked the 4 core units and Accounting and Financial Management 1B (ACCT1511) and Macroeconomics 1 (ECON1102) and I'm unsure about the other 2 I should do...

Also, is the Business Finance unit (FINS1613) the 'intro' finance unit or is it FINS1612? Which is better to do first?:rudolf:
If you liked maths in HS, then FINS1613 is better since 1612 is 95% qualitative so up to you.

I had some great advice from future students (ask for aaron) when I enrolled into commerce so maybe you should call them up when they open on thursday.

The 4 core courses are the same difficult as high school so you should easily scrap a 80+ average. ECON1202 was also an easy course if you liked maths (literally learning calculus again and matrices which are not hard).

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A

Do FINS1613 not FINS1612 if you want a higher WAM to transfer. Trust me

robot_student

HSC
N/A
Teaching at UNSW is crap. They're staffed by casual students because it's cheaper than proper teaching staff. The tutors in finance and engineering are always FOB Chinese who can't explain things. International students teaching international students. How ironic. In finance, I had Harry/Meng Long Han in finance and didn't learn anything. choose him if you just want to turn up without needing to do anything. but if it's a proper education you're fter, rely on yourself.

idkkdi

HSC
wtf.
u need things to be explained in finance?
isnt unsw finance easier than 4u maths trials lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)