Q about textbooks (1 Viewer)

A Leaf

HSC
(this is for ECON1101 and ACCT1501 at UNSW)
When do you reckon I should buy textbooks? Before class starts or will they tell us which one on the first day of class? Also, I heard there are these weekly online quizzes that are connected to the textbook. Does this mean I have to get a new textbook and not a 2nd hand because I remember seeing one that said '12 months student access' and I wondered if that 'student access' WAS the weekly quizzes??
I have no idea what I'm talking about tbh and would appreciate any help or advice :) THANKS !!

aoc

HSC
Wait until first lecture/tute.

Econ1101 might still use their playconomics thing which is an online textbook they made specifically for the course and you kinda needa buy it to do the weekly quizzes for it (if they havent changed the format).

Acct1501 dont think youd need the latest version of the textbook since the content is pretty much the same between all the editions and even if they have implemented new quizzes you could most likely learn the same content from the old textbook versions. Wait until your first tute and ask your tutor they should be able to tell you whether it matters.

And i dont think ive done a course so far in business where they had quizzes that were connected to the purchase of the textbook. It was usually learn the content and then do a quiz. (THe exception is econ1101/econ1102 since they use their online platform thing but theyll tell you more about it during lectures).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)