QMA+Micro Midsession thoughts (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd everyone find it?

I thought the Micro one was absolute bullshit - anyone with a half decent brain, who went thru the M/C from the textbook website would've scored almost full marks for that section, and similarly with Q2 of the short answers..I mean I dunno how many times I went thru Larry and Harry from the textbook...I think its not really a test of knowledge...

QMA was ok, I spent most of my time reducing the damn matrices (for me it takes a while)..

aspect

yeah micro wasnt too hard

truong should grow some creativity cells and stop stealing MC from text book website

Ducky

hey

yeh i found micro surprising...i was expecting the grief i felt during the quiz but nope! but still i think i lost marks..sigh..hehe

qma freaked me out at first! got a total mind blank...but then in the end i could do em..had to guess one tho.

kinda feels nice since Mids over...but then i think about the finals..ugh..and practice set..uuuuuuuuuuuuugh

:)

kaseita

hm, I reckon I stuffed up the M/C. wasn't sure of a few, even though I realised that they were off the textbook website...but I went through them aaages ago.

rest of it was nothing...

lol, thinking of finals already?? I'll think bout that when it comes

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I jus cant wait till micro is over
i think ill like macro better

qma..I had to guess like 3 in the end coz i had no damn time..

Ducky

Yeah, I was looking forward to macro coz i thought it would be more like high skewl stuff...but then my bro told me that macro is still full of graphs...i hate graphs!! ehhehe..

the finals are in like 6 weeks!! i can't help but think of them heh

B

Bambul

So the Micro midsession is still easy? It's probably Truong then. You guys should expect either a hard final or a final that is scaled down.

I like macro more than micro, but apparently I'm in the minority. 90% of macro was stuff I learn't in year 12 economics. I slept through most of the lectures, took few notes, didn't buy a textbook and barely studied for exams and came out with a final mark of 88%. For macro: if you can get into one of John Lodewijks's lectures (a seat is a luxury in those), then do so. He is one of the best lecturers I've had at uni.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like macro will be good =)

and Bambul - was last yr's micro final hard? did your final mark fluctuate much from your raw marks?

kaseita

ok, maybe I didn't stuff up the M/C - only lost a mark there...I must be turning paranoid :s

I hope macro is better...I really hate all these renaming of concepts to idiotic names...

would be nice to see a challenging final micro exam though, at least something that requires some thinking!

B

Bambul

Truong was the LIC last year and gave us an easy midsession and final. So they apparently just scaled us down because there's no way I (and the friends of mine that I asked) could have gotten marks that low for that final. It was way too easy for that.

kini mini

HSC
Looks like I stuffed them both...7.5/9 for micro and 18/20 for QMA. Oh well, just have to ace that final to get a HD I suppose. Do we get to see what we did wrong?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kini mini
Looks like I stuffed them both...7.5/9 for micro and 18/20 for QMA. Oh well, just have to ace that final to get a HD I suppose. Do we get to see what we did wrong?
I wouldn't call 18/20 a stuff up, its still a HD...but then again, by ur standards :p
Louis released the percentages for QMA - 49 ppl got a perfect score

and micro - ur tutor will go thru the MC's this week, and the extended responses nxt week, but no, u dont get to see where u went wrong..however u'll kno wat u got wrong wen they go thru it :mad:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

I wouldn't call 18/20 a stuff up, its still a HD...but then again, by ur standards :p
Louis released the percentages for QMA - 49 ppl got a perfect score
Argh I should have gotten 20 :(. Yeah, so it's a HD, but I mean 2 of those piss easy things...

and micro - ur tutor will go thru the MC's this week, and the extended responses nxt week, but no, u dont get to see where u went wrong..however u'll kno wat u got wrong wen they go thru it :mad:
Damn.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, dun worry, go for 65/65 for the finals!

oh yeah, Louis Yeung is a fool
he reckons the derivative of ln5x is 1/x
and more foolishly, no one spoke up! (yes im hypocritical here, but yeah..)

kini mini

HSC
Meaning the lecture is composed of people like you who can't be bothered (maybe one or two) and people who don't know what the hell is going on :p. Personally, I've stopped going to QMA lectures while they're teaching calculus. I really don't see the point.

Ducky

...what is the derivative of ln5x? it's not 1/x? :confused:

calculus was my weakest topic in high school...ugh the finals are gonna suucck!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe yeah u hit the nail on the head there kini mini,

judging from my lecture size...it resembles the number of ppl u'd find in a Yr7 maths class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)