acct1501 (1 Viewer)

mp3mojo

hey suggestions on how to do well in this subject?
there's so much content, ive got no idea wats important & wats not.

thanx

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, I got a High Distinction in this subject...

I found it quite easy
At first it looks like there is a LOT of content, but actually, it all fits in together nicely in one cycle, u just need to put the important things into perspective

During the first few weeks, make sure u keep up and understand the fundemental accounting principles and how the accounting cycle works, because it makes things easier later on.
Probably the best skill to learn early is to learn how to 'recognise' everything - what is what, and how do u account for it in journal form.

About 3/4 into the semester, you're practice set would be due, and that is probably the best thing in the course, coz u basically perform all the skills required thru the whole course, and if u can understand how to do the practice set, u should ace the final exam

sif not 99

minai did you just say that the practice set is the best thing in the course? I know that im not at new south but the practice set is EVIL EVIL I tell u!!!!!! plz not another 1 this sem.....but yeah our final exam had minimal practice set content hence aced practice set exam not so good hehe =)

mp3mojo

soz, got another Q
is the 'financial accounting' txtbk enough? or should i get one more lik financial accounting in australia? or r there ne-good study guides?

thnx

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sif not 99
minai did you just say that the practice set is the best thing in the course? I know that im not at new south but the practice set is EVIL EVIL I tell u!!!!!! plz not another 1 this sem.....but yeah our final exam had minimal practice set content hence aced practice set exam not so good hehe =)
heheh, well yes it was evil at the time...but I'm glad I did it properly or else i'd have nfi on how to account for prepayments!

Originally posted by mp3mojo
soz, got another Q
is the 'financial accounting' txtbk enough? or should i get one more lik financial accounting in australia? or r there ne-good study guides?

well, I reckon it's enough, Its got everything u need
but wen I was doin my practice set, I was using the Financial Accounting in Australia book (in the state library, didnt buy it), coz it explained some things better

thnx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)