construction management (1 Viewer)

jake wu

HSC
anyone here is doing or have done construction management and property? i choose this as my first preference and i achieved the atar cut off for this course? my question is when i get the offer and get enrol at the uni, when do i choose the major, what's the elective for this? can someone tells the details for this, thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You get the offers for the main round on the 21st, then you can enrol into your courses for semester one straight away.

Going off the handbook, you don't need to worry about electives yet until 2nd year. Just look at the program structure and make sure you enrol in the appropriate courses for your first two semesters.

Also, make sure you have a back up program in place for your second preference as the cut-off might rise this time (depends on how many people get offers and the demand).

mxp67

HSC
I'm planning to do this course next year, any advice/updates?
I am in my third year of the course.

The course is not that difficult, however, be prepared to do a lot of group assignments. It is an industry norm for students to become cadets in the field within your second and third year - this means working full-time on top of your university studies.

Currently I work full-time (45+ hours per week Mon-Sat) and at uni for one full day & one night. It is a challenge and stressful at times but working and studying simultaneously is very rewarding. You understand all the concepts and see them in practice too.

I only recommend it if you like challenge; if you are looking for a cruisey (sp?) office job, construction is not for you.

Any other questions, let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)