Haven't done the maths bridging course! (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
Hey guys, so I'm starting my engineering degree this year and in high school I only did 2 unit maths. I wasn't able to do the bridging course since I was overseas due to personal reasons. And now that uni is about to begin I'm stuck wondering how much not having done the bridging course will affect me? Btw I'm not doing higher mathematics, just the normal maths.
Thanks in advance.

Flop21

HSC
Bridging course was intense. You'll be behind and prepare to catch up on entire topics you know nothing about (when you find the course talking about 3u stuff). BUT the people that did the bridging course probably aren't even near the level people who did it during the HSC are, since we only had a month. They also skipped many things in the bridging course that were not relevant, but most was in it.

I'm happy to send you the topics we did, and then you can look at Squareroot's notes which can be found in the resource section or in his sig (pretty good overview of everything).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Bridging course was intense. You'll be behind and prepare to catch up on entire topics you know nothing about (when you find the course talking about 3u stuff). BUT the people that did the bridging course probably aren't even near the level people who did it during the HSC are, since we only had a month. They also skipped many things in the bridging course that were not relevant, but most was in it.

I'm happy to send you the topics we did, and then you can look at Squareroot's notes which can be found in the resource section or in his sig (pretty good overview of everything).
Just passing through here to promote my boyfriend's stuff

Flop21

HSC
You're not stuffed, just keep on top of it. Make sure you do math every day, don't slack it.

asadhkhan17

HSC
Thanks guys. And yeah Flop, I've been looking at the 3 unit work now. But can you tell me what topics you had to study in the bridging course?

Flop21

HSC
Thanks guys. And yeah Flop, I've been looking at the 3 unit work now. But can you tell me what topics you had to study in the bridging course?
Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/MoJR5Ze.jpg

Surprisingly a lot of it was 2u revision, you'll notice which topics are 2u, and just double check with a cambridge book that the topic doesn't go further into 3u stuff in those cases.

asadhkhan17

HSC
Thanks again Flop. If i manage to do well this semester its most likely because of you lol.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Honestly I don't think you're fucked. It's really up to how much effort you put in to learn the course content. Someone with a b6 in 4u can still fail just because they didn't bother to learn anything or keep on top of work.

Honest truth us if you can start from week 1 and be in top unto, the end of sem you have a good chance of at least a high credit

Silly Sausage

HSC
TBH if you got a high band 5, band 6 in 2U you shouldn't have that much difficulty.
The only important topics to revise that may show up are mainly for integration:

3U trig identities - VERY IMPORTANT, especially for integration
Polynomial long division - Integration (partial fractions)
Substitution method - They will most likely go over this again (abet for a VERY limited time) but it's worth learning it for yourself

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I did a tough maths course but didn't fail and got a high credit despite doing pretty shit in 2u during the HSC. But I worked really hard.

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
I think I was in the same situation when I first started (did high school in WA). I did Math1011 for the 1st semester, then Math1131 next sem and then math1231 during the summer semester if you're willing if you're ok with the timing of it. Otherwise, just work extra hard.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
You might want to look over some of the 4u stuff such as integration by parts and complex numbers cause those are pretty essential and they sort of grant you a small headstart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)