Discipline to do with Biomedical Engineering ?? (1 Viewer)

samouree

HSC
Hey guys. Not sure if this was posted before but I was researching for an hour and still couldn't find a solution to my dilemma. Basically I'm interested in the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) w/ Masters of Biomed but I know for the first 3-4 years you have to do another discipline of engineering concurrently with it, and I'm not sure which? I've looked at several but I am not too sure which one would be best. My main criteria is:

1) Something that would greatly compliment and it's knowledge and skills be valuable in the biomedical field.
2) Something that, on its own, would be employable, money-making, and interesting.
3) Something that is fun to learn about and fun to work as.

Also if you have any other insight about your personal experiences relating to my problem, or any noteworthy input, I would be happy to gain your guidance because as of know I am a very confused future (hopefully) engineering student.

Thank you all in advance. If you feel like I wasted your time reading this, or simply need a break, here's a picture of a cute baby goat.

D94

HSC
N/A
Bioinformatics Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Mechatronic Engineering
Software Engineering
Telecommunications

From that list, I get the feeling you can fit any 2 of your criteria, but not all 3 at a time.

It's probably better for you that you choose something that you like, should you decide not to pursue Biomedical engineering.

Mechanical and Electrical are very popular options. Materials Science as well (their program is under the Faculty of Science, but it's still an engineering degree).

Mechatronics, Bioinformatics and Software would are on the rise, but I don't think are as popular at UNSW for the combined degree.

Chemical, Computer and Telecommunications seems a bit strange for combining with Biomed. Chemical is probably less strange, but much of the degree focuses on process engineering, which is odd when looking at what the Biomed degree covers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)