Easy Law Electives (1 Viewer)

wasp5

HSC
N/A
Any experience with easy law modules with an enthusiastic lecturer?

tend to prefer practical information and assignment based modules.

Will modules get significantly more difficult at e.g. stage 3 vs stage 2 ?

Are condensed 6 week modules extremely intense ? would you recommend if interested in the subject?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
What stage of your degree are you cause you might be thinking way too ahead if you are only in 1st or 2nd year.

Intensive courses can be extremely difficult if you don't enjoy the course and if it is dense. However if you enjoy it, then there is no reason not to do it. Once you finish a 6 week course, you are done with it for the rest of semester and it makes your workload lighter.

Some good intensive courses to do are LAWS3314: Alternative Dispute Resolution in Practice and LAWS3021: Foundations of Intellectual Property.

LAWS3314 is mostly practical with 1 or 2 assigned cased studies to read. There are 3 assessments: class participation, group presentation and 3.5k essay. Most of the class is spent doing mock negotiations, community discussions and mediations. You also learn about how different people think e.g. Thinkers vs Feelers, Introverts vs Extroverts. The course really opened up my mind to a lot things and I definitely recommend you do it if you have the chance. It is predominantly taught by Rosemary Howell who has taught at Harvard Law School in the past and some topics by her husband Alan Limbury who was a former partner at one of the Big 6 law firms.

LAWS3021 covers all four areas of IP at a reasonable level. It does not go into as much detail as IP1 and IP2 but the lecturer is amazing and she makes class enjoyable. You get to watch video clips and see pratical examples of IP in practice. Alexandra George is the lecturer for this course and she is very enthusiastic about intellectual property. I like her teaching so much that I will be taking her LAWS3057: Advanced Intellectual Property course.

wasp5

HSC
N/A
really appreciate your feedback on the modules, haven't done ADR modules before though it sounds interesting, provided that no prior ADR specific knowledge is needed.

A12345

HSC
LAWS3021 covers all four areas of IP at a reasonable level. It does not go into as much detail as IP1 and IP2 but the lecturer is amazing and she makes class enjoyable. You get to watch video clips and see pratical examples of IP in practice. Alexandra George is the lecturer for this course and she is very enthusiastic about intellectual property. I like her teaching so much that I will be taking her LAWS3057: Advanced Intellectual Property course.
Hey Trans4m, would you say this is an easy course to score well in? I see the assessments are either 2 class tests or 2 take assignments or a combo, but last year for summer the class tests were the day after each other.

Would you recommend it in terms of getting High D's/HD (I am interested in the subject matter anyway) or is it marked harshly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)