Opinions on these law modules ? (1 Viewer)

wasp5

HSC
N/A
If anyone has done any of the following modules can you share your opinion on their difficulty level, lecturer and assessment?

• Law of Banking
  • Economic Analysis of Law
  • Financial Economics and Law
  • international human rights law and advocacy
  • Law in the Global Context
  • Animal Law
  • Intellectual Property 1
  • The Essential Advocate: An Introduction to Advocacy

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Law of Banking was extremely easy before. However the lecturer has now changed and I am not too sure. I was going to do it but I dropped it.

Financial Economics and Law is mostly finance related stuff. It also involves doing basic financial related calculations.

Intellectual Property 1 is entirely about copyright.

The Essential Advocate is extremely fun from what my friends have told me. You basically do mock trials throughout semester. Students take turn playing the role of barristers and witnesses.

wasp5

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your opinions!
would you say The Essential Advocate module may be difficult for someone with little experience in mooting ?
for someone who hasn't done finance before would financial economics and law be tricky?
have you done foundations of intellectual property ? sounds like it has a bit more diversity in the course than IP 1?..

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The Essential Advocate is more to develop your advocacy skills. You get marked for doing it rather than how well you do it. The lecturer will give you feedback (who is a Magistrate by the way).

Financial Economcis and Law is designed for someone who hasn't done finance before. So it's not too tricky.

There are two IP stream at UNSW. Foundations of IP + Advanced IP stream or IP 1 + IP 2 stream. Foundations of IP essentially covers everything in IP 1 and IP 2 but in less detail. In Advanced IP you learn about IP policies, it's current position in the legal market etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)