UNSW JD STUDY PLAN over Summer (1 Viewer)

looking

HSC
N/A
Can anyone tell me anything I have missed that might jeopardise the mid year entry program (with regards to internship/clinical/course completion/pre-requisites/possible risk of not being able to enrol summer subjects etc.) by planning the UNSW JD as below? Basically its still full time with 8 subjects completed in a one year period just that its spread out into summer program over the first and 2nd summer. I had a look at UNSW JD summer program and the 4 subjects offered over summer are (I have checked the pre-requisites for these);
  • JURD7285 Equity and Trusts
  • JURD7130 Lawyers, Ethics & Justice
  • JURD7222 Law and Social Theory
  • JURD7175 Contracts
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/current-students/my-academic-life/courses/summer-courses

Austudy wouldn't be affected as its a full load in in any one year.

The proposed plan is to take JURD7130 Lawyers, Ethics & Justice + JURD7175 Contracts over the first summer and the remaining two summer subjects in the 2nd summer. By doing this the load starting from year 1 semester 2 to year 2 semester 1 will be alot lighter with 2 subjects each semester but still graduating in 3 years.

Any comments?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Equity is a prerequisite for a lot of core courses e.g. Business Associations, Land law and other electives too. You might have a problem if you are leaving Equity & Trusts till the 2nd summer to do it instead of doing it in say Semester 1 of 2nd year.

looking

HSC
N/A
The 2nd summer is actually in the middle of the 2 semesters in year 2 for mid year entry (starting Year 1 semester 1 in July).

On the subject of mid year entry, is there a disadvantage to it instead of starting in the standard semester in Feb?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The 2nd summer is actually in the middle of the 2 semesters in year 2 for mid year entry (starting Year 1 semester 1 in July).

On the subject of mid year entry, is there a disadvantage to it instead of starting in the standard semester in Feb?
Ah ok that should be fine. As far as I am aware generally no. JD courses are offered both semesters. I guess maybe just class choices? There are less mid year entry and so they may only offer 2 different class times per course instead of say 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)