Relative difficulty of combined laws (1 Viewer)

vladn

HSC
Is the workload of engineering/ or advanced science/law significantly greater than commerce/law? Would I have the time to hit a distinction average as well as do extracurricular activities and work part time?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I dont know about the workload cause I don't do those courses but you definitely have more contact hours which means it can be more difficult to fit in extra curricular and work.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I only saw this now, otherwise, would have replied earlier. I can personally confirm that doing an engineering, advanced science, or science/law degree is significantly harder than a commerce degree. It is possible to fit in extra-curriculars and work-commitments, but it depends on just how much of either you take on-so you would definitely be able to hit distinction average if you are committed-but it is also very easy to burn out because of the fact you should expect very hectic schedules where you literally cannot afford to waste anytime procrastinating-because it will have a cumulative effect given how much work you need to complete. But if you are passionate and determined-go for it!:)

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Eng/sci just has more contact hours, wouldn't say they will be 'significantly harder'. If anything, a friend of mine doing eng/law at usyd does 1 law unit a sem because degree stretches out a bit whereas we have to do 2 in most sems (for first 3 years).

You can definitely fit in work/life but as already mentioned, you'll have to be on top of things regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)