Assumed Knowledge for Optometry (1 Viewer)

nguyen123

HSC
Hi,

So I'm going to UNSW for optometry this year, on their website it said recommended knowledge is Physics and Chemistry but I only did Biology and Chemistry in the HSC.
I'm just a little worried that I might be disadvantaged, since I didn't do the Physics bridging course.
Is it necessary to have done physics, since we'll be doing VISN1111, VISN1101 and VISN1221 which seems to only be about light waves, refraction, reflection, lenses etc. and does not seem to require much physics.

Thanks in advance

alan17

HSC
If it's recommended and not assumed knowledge, you shouldn't be in much of a disadvantage, most of the material you learn in university is very different to what you have learned in high school and just to make sure, if the lecture slides are up on Moodle, you could download them to see what sort of material you are going to learn or you could ask someone from a higher year for their slides if they still have them. :)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Hi,

So I'm going to UNSW for optometry this year, on their website it said recommended knowledge is Physics and Chemistry but I only did Biology and Chemistry in the HSC.
I'm just a little worried that I might be disadvantaged, since I didn't do the Physics bridging course.
Is it necessary to have done physics, since we'll be doing VISN1111, VISN1101 and VISN1221 which seems to only be about light waves, refraction, reflection, lenses etc. and does not seem to require much physics.

Thanks in advance
This is prelim physics stuff as well btw
tbh you could learn it all in like <3 hours if you could get your hands on a prelim phys textbook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)