2U, 3U and 4U (1 Viewer)

Lizcat

HSC
has anyone done a ex2 assessment yet this year? coz i have one next mon (20th) on complex no and graphing. our teacher said that it would be pretty straight forward, and its gonna be based mostly on skills.. what does that mean..?!?

anyways today in 3U we had this Q on graphing something (geometic application of calculas) and like my teacher whos my 4U teaching was showing the class.. and like the asymtope wasnt really the asymtope coz the asymtope went through the graph.. but like when she was like '4U people should be able to graph it'using that division thingo of the polynomials and as x--> infinity and stuff y--> an oblique asymtope and stuff.. and like she didnt get it coz she added something that shouldnt be added. eg for y= (x+1) + 3/(x^2-1) she added the x+1 and the 3 for some strange reason.. and im like shouldnt the asymtope be the x+1 not x+4.. whatevers.. hehe then she said that i should be right for the 4U!!

well anyways.. just wondering if we're allowed to use 4U skills in 2/3U papers?!?!
coz i cant really remember how to do limits :| (is it like dividing the the thing by the highest power of x) anywho.. does anyone have any papers on their 4U test this yr.. or should i just get past papers?!

_ShiFTy_

HSC
I dont think 4U methods are allowed into 2U/3U..e.g. integration by parts

H

housemouse

It is allowed, however 3u questions that are given usually dont need you to use 4u or is worded in way such that you cant really use it

P

pLuvia

Yes you are allowed to use it. But in the HSC you do not do the 2u test if you 4u maths. That's what makes the 3u paper easier for 4u students.

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Really?? I always had the idea that 3U methods for 3U only and same for 4U...woah, that makes things a lot easier then

Riviet

HSC
N/A
4 unit curve sketching techniques are extremely useful for graphing in 3 unit graphs. There are also a couple of 4 unit techniques that you learn in polynomials that you can apply into 3 unit polynomials.

Last edited:

Lizcat

HSC
i just had my 4U assessment!!!
it wasnt too difficult.. but since theres only 5 of us and we were all there.. we got to see some of the answers.. i know i got at least 3 marks off!! outa a possible 36!
but since i didnt have the time (coz i was lazy) i dunno about silly mistakes!!
i always do silly mistakes.. and i nearly stuffed up something coz i accidentally read x^2 +3 as x^2 - 3 and it totally wasted me at least 3 mins!! darn that!!
just wanted to share..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I hope you get a good result from that assessment, Lizcat. ;) I have also discovered that there are some applications of basic 2u in the 4 unit course, such as the distance formula. So don't neglect your 2u knowledge!

Lizcat

HSC
i got my results back and i got 90%... i did get the 3 marks that i knew i got off.. but there was one STUPID STUPID mistake that i did!!.. which was worth 1/2 a mark..
there was the Q saying like draw the locus |z-3+2i|<2 right.. and like i drew it.. well i thought i drew it right.. but i made the radius on one side 3 and the other 2 and like HOW freaking stupid can i bee!!!! i just cant draw properly!!..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)