hardest topic (1 Viewer)

Dumbarse

what do most people reckon the hardest topic is?,

none of the topics are extremely difficult, its just the added extras that are tricky i reckon, like reduction formulae in integration, acceleration proof in circular motion. and yeh
but we havent done resisted motion yet so i dunno...

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Its not hardest but I really dislike graphs, to be honest I just don't like drawing anything.

fatmuscle

HSC
I found graphs the easiest!

yeah, Mechanics was definitely a bitch

mannnnndy

chocoholic
i reckon conics is the worst. but in the trials the conics question wasnt that bad, i didnt study conics properly but i was still able to get full marks by just making stuff up. i never thought id see the day when it was possible 2 make stuff up in maths. but yes it is possible:)

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Hmm..

Mechanics can suck, Harder 3U can be a pain in the ass at times, and conics questions can be bastards. Complex Numbers rule cos they're so easy. Graphs are pretty easy too. Integration, Volumes, and Polynomials rank somewhere in the middle.

izi

HSC
definitely harder 3u!!!

izi

HSC
harder 3u stuff involves:
induction
inequalities which are just fucken annoying!
circle geometry
there is also a bit of permutations, combinations....

does anyone here think that not bothering studying harder 3u topics is ok since you probably wont even get to do them in the hsc, and just concentrate on other topics (like mechanics)? and in case you do have time to do them, just rely on your 3u knowledge?

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Originally posted by Dumbarse
inequalities!?,,,
give us an example, are they hard?
the ones that fucks me up are the ones with fractions eg:

[1/x^3] - [((x-2)^2)/(x-6))] >= -10

I can get em in the end, but it takes heaps of working out (for what it is worth)

Anton

HSC
I came to this forum by accident somehow and let me be the first to say, not at all helpfully, that maths is really fucked and I'm so glad I don't do it.

Fuck you maths, for fucking with me for four years and making me (yes, making me, I had nothing to do with it) get 7% in a test. You evil bitch. Fuck you for being taught by a guy who is kind of a top bloke and was a cK model back in Lebanon, fuck you for being taught also by a genius American bloke with not bad fashion sense and a love of the LA Lakers. Fuck you for making me like my teachers and making my teachers be nice so I spent four years talking.

Ok over that now!

Anton

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
:rolleyes: looks above at Anton's post* hmmm...we'll you're always welcome!

Personally, I'd have to agree with harder 3unit. At least with the other topics you know what to expect in the exam. In harder 3unit, you could get pretty much anything. It's the unpredictability which makes it hard, plus that horrible sinking feeling you get when you realised you didn't do enough study on 2 unit series and sequnces when harder 2unit is a 3unit subject and harder 3unit is a 4unit subject and suddenly an evil loan repayments question appears in your 4unit paper...

why do they do things like that to us? It's not like there isn't already enough content in the 4unit course...

:) Weisy

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Hardest topic?

Either CONICS or INTERGRATION
Possibly HARDER 3U (especially Circle geometry)

Yes, I can't do circle geometry.

But I havn't finished mechanics and that looks hard ...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
:rolleyes: looks above at Anton's post* hmmm...we'll you're always welcome!

Personally, I'd have to agree with harder 3unit. At least with the other topics you know what to expect in the exam. In harder 3unit, you could get pretty much anything. It's the unpredictability which makes it hard, plus that horrible sinking feeling you get when you realised you didn't do enough study on 2 unit series and sequnces when harder 2unit is a 3unit subject and harder 3unit is a 4unit subject and suddenly an evil loan repayments question appears in your 4unit paper...

:) Weisy
Hear hear...I agree, harder 3 unit is frightening. But the hard complex numbers questions really piss me off as well. Especially the ones where there's a quick geometric method that I don't see until I've bashed it out with algebra :(.

Sazzy

MECHANICS! I hate it!! I can't do ONE question in it. Not even ONE! :chainsaw:
I hate 4u altogether! EVERYTHING is hard! All the freakin topics! :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)