• Neither

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Physics does make extension maths (3U & 4U) quite a bit easier (or vice versa) particularly with the projectile motion (out of my 4U maths class, I'm the only one who does physics as well).

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I'm asking out of curiosity and so I can try out the "poll" feature.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I only do 4unit, but i did physics (which I enjoyed) in year 11 and do regret dropping it, because I was doing well in it when I did.

damn chemistry being "assumed kmowledge" for more uni courses...

Last edited:

Vietz

rofl..sames as above...except change chem for software..

totally regret the choice but...

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I only do 4u. I was thining of doing physics in y10, but the guy who teaches it scared me away cause he has a habbit of whenever u start a new topic u have 2 write the definition of something in the topic WITHOUT explaining it first.:jaw:
ps I like these new smilies :wave:

Lugia

I do both physics and 4 u maths but I don't think they really help each other... Cause they took out all the maths in the physics course, yay:D :cool:

school-spew

i do both physics and 4 u, and everyone who does 4 u at my school does physics as well. They don't really help each other that much, but they go well together

sleepy

me i dropped physics after yr 11
basically i found it too boring (played need for speed on my friends laptop or went to sleep) ,
and i didnt think there was enough maths.
my friends say its mostly theory now and almost no maths at all -yuck!!
and yeah my teacher didnt like me much:(
he sent me outta class for poking my friend's head wif a pen!!!:confused:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Do both, michael...
Welcome to one of my many threads Poke's. Search for me to find what else I've stated. I suggest the following:

Anyone from CHS
Massacre! (harmless fun ...)

Jason

I started Physics in Year 11, to make up for the fact that I couldn't do Chemistry (it was on at the same time as another subject I wanted to do...). Big mistake. I hated Physics - too boring. When they started vectors I was completely confused - so, I used it as an excuse to drop. And, lo and behold, what turns up in the 4U complex numbers course - vectors. I'm only just beginning to understand them (after an entire holiday doing the vector past-papers questions).

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Raser
does anyone do all of 4U physics chemistry and SDD..... english of course but i rather forget about that
I do :) but i hate the significance of english :rolleyes:

Some say they are probably the hardest subjects.. well, its a pretty big program of study i think.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
3unit, 4unit and physics overlap each other to some degree, so doing them is like a buying a mcdonalds packet, instead of buying burgers separately :)

and they fit together pretty nicely and easily.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by underthesun
3unit, 4unit and physics overlap each other to some degree, so doing them is like a buying a mcdonalds packet, instead of buying burgers separately :)

and they fit together pretty nicely and easily.
I hate how all the sciences have become more and more explanation based.... makes it so gay, but as long as you get good teachers its ok, all of our good physics teachers are leaving at the end of the year :(

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
the explanation based parts are complained by many students who have calculations as their strengths, mainly maths students from overseas.

Anyways as long as you understand the concepts it won't be that hard. Too bad if it disadvantages people :(

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Im the only guy out of a class of 19 in 4 unit who didnt do physics

DIdit in Year 11 - "Snoozers!" (Seinfeld)

With the rectilinear motion questions and projectile questions, especially in 3 unit, a lot of the physics guys got into trouble in exams because they used v=u+at, v2 = u2 + 2as etc etc. These arent allowed in maths because they do the integrations for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)