Maths Extension 2 Trial Exam thoughts- 2008 (1 Viewer)

vds700

HSC
I just thought I'd start this thread so people could share how they went in their trials coming up.

Mines on the 11/8, and its the CSSA paper.

GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2008!

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC
Hey mine is in 2 weeks on thursday =]

I think our school orders indepedent or something like that. =]

Good Luck.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I've heard the extension 2 CSSA trial is normally very hard. Best of luck with that man.

:read:

Poad

HSC
I'm doing the CSSA one too, and dreading it. I've done a couple of past papers a damn are they hard, I'll be lucky to get ~70%.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I don't know what paper our school is using but it'll be on Week 5

frostysnow

HSC
woah i didn't know schools buy papers, aren't they scared of cheating? I know for certain, my school is writing our own.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
monday of week 4.

independent paper.

easier than 2/3 exams we've done so far; exam-setter said so. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
I just thought I'd start this thread so people could share how they went in their trials coming up.

Mines on the 11/8, and its the CSSA paper.

GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2008!
Good luck, Andrew.

conics2008

HSC
u-borat said:
monday of week 4.

independent paper.

easier than 2/3 exams we've done so far; exam-setter said so. :D
do you go to liverpool girls. woahh nice,, its a small world. I like live near that school xD

vds700

HSC
conics2008 said:
do you go to liverpool girls. woahh nice,, its a small world. I like live near that school xD
Conics, check u-borat's gender

I dont think a guy would go to liverpool girls lol.

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Mines in two weeks from wednesday. My teachers making all of our exams. Because I'm sitting all three exams I am doing 8 hours of maths exams, 6 in one day.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Js^-1 said:
Mines in two weeks from wednesday. My teachers making all of our exams. Because I'm sitting all three exams I am doing 8 hours of maths exams, 6 in one day.
omg. You poor thing. I'm completely beat after a 4 unit exam I cant imagine having to do another one (i'm assuming 2 unit) on the same day.

Mine is in week 6 I think. Our teacher is making his own, but he tends to make them hard.

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Yeh Four Unit in the morning and 2 Unit in the afternoon. 3 Unit is later on in the week. Are all the topics being covered in your exams? All the topics are going to be in ours, but Mechanics is not going to be as in-depth because we have only just started it.

vds700

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Yeh Four Unit in the morning and 2 Unit in the afternoon. 3 Unit is later on in the week. Are all the topics being covered in your exams? All the topics are going to be in ours, but Mechanics is not going to be as in-depth because we have only just started it.
Mine is everything bar volumes, as we havent finished it yet.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
3 unit exam is only 2 hours, 4 unit is 3 hours long for us.

4 unit has everything cept graphs and harder 3 unit.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Ours is going to have everything. We havent completly finished mechanics but we will by then

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
We had our Extension 2 Trial today, but I strangely don't know what exam it was! I don't think it was CSSA though. The only distinguishing feature I can think of is that it mentions bees. I think it's best if I don't say any more.
It was actually sort of ok. Some parts were beyond me, but with some work I could have done reasonably well =]
I think I would have only got around 50-65%. I'm pretty sure I'll be ranked first though, because I'm at a dumb school. If I went to a different school I would be quite disappointed, but it doesn't really have a bearing on my marks in the end because I'll be ranked first, so I'm content. =)
I have some time to work on it before the actual HSC exam, and I will do just that!

Good luck to all those who are yet to do theirs!! (Which I think is the vast majority of people)
Let us know how you think you went/how you found it!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Cool. Tell us more about your paper then. Do you remember anything in specific? Um, Was the mechanics question tough (sorry but I'm allergic to the projectile motion so I need to check it first)? How about CN? Did the Harder 3u include prob or perm questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)