2008 CSSA Trial paper. (1 Viewer)

Deadlyned

HSC
Your general thoughts on the 2008 CSSA Mathematics Extension 2 paper.

watzupwitdat

HSC
Re: CSSA 4 unit paper

I did pretty good. Got everything except the induction, the polynomial divided with the remainder, that degree five polynomial with a and b, and im not too sure about part b of question 8

miche11e

HSC
hmmm... it wasnt much fun, but thats just my opinion.

also having the 2unit people surrounding me and some of them from my 3 unit class being all relaxed wasnt a really good feeling lol

evil... very very evil.

but also not as evil as i expected... at least it was better than the last few CSSA papers

Last edited by a moderator:

pandaish

HSC

To be honest, it wasn't as hard as i expect it would be. It was hard because it's a 4 unit paper, but it wasn't so hard that it's not approachable, unlike some other weird ones i have done.

The induction quesiton was horrible, i fudged all the way through it. but oh well =w=.

it's done! now i need to start studying for 3 unit...

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

pandaish said:
To be honest, it wasn't as hard as i expect it would be. It was hard because it's a 4 unit paper, but it wasn't so hard that it's not approachable, unlike some other weird ones i have done.

The induction quesiton was horrible, i fudged all the way through it. but oh well =w=.

it's done! now i need to start studying for 3 unit...
Are you doing 4 unit in year 10?

Poad

HSC

Woaaah. Someone accelerating 2, 3, and 4U in Year 10? o:

nick90

HSC

it wasn't too bad
i didn't get the circle geom, polys with a & b coefficients, the first inequalities one, soem of the ellipse, the limits one after the induction, & last part of q8.

overall i think maybe about 75%?
it didn't seem as bad as last years was.
What was the way to prove the polys one with a & b?

leoyh

mic`
HSC

hey which question was the induction question? was it the y = 3^x and the rectangles and areas question in 8? i don't recall coming across an induction question

nick90

HSC
it was the fibonnaci sequence one. it was only worth three marks (imo it was a fair bit of hard work for just 3 marks). then there was a 4 mark limit after it.

jet

Banned
HSC
That was bad
I ended up kinda fudging that question

miche11e

HSC

nick90 said:
What was the way to prove the polys one with a & b?
i think the q was if P(x) has a multiple root and P(x) = x^5 + ax^2 + b show 108a^3 = 3125b^5

what u had to do was say
P'(x) = 5x^4 + 2ax
=x(5x^3 + 2a)
and since P(0) doesnt = 0 then x = (-2a/5)^1/3
and then put that into P(x) and solve

heh i just saw something i did wrong in that q... dangit lol

Poad

HSC

miche11e said:
i think the q was if P(x) has a multiple root and P(x) = x^5 + ax^2 + b show 108a^3 = 3125b^5

what u had to do was say
P'(x) = 5x^4 + 2ax
=x(5x^3 + 2a)

Wow, I do not recall that question at all.

I really hope that for some reason it was taken out of our exam, and not that I just skipped past it without knowing. (It wouldn't be the first time thats happened!)

madd-eh?

Super Member.
HSC
uhhh i have no idea what you guys are talking about
i bloody hope my teacher took that question out coz i dnt remember it..

aaand im pretty sure i failed.

johnec10

HSC

miche11e said:

what u had to do was say
P'(x) = 5x^4 + 2ax
=x(5x^3 + 2a)
all u had to do was makes p(alpha)=0 and p'(alpha)=0 then eliminate alpha by making it sugject of the P'(x) one and subbing in to the p(x) one then manipulating

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: CSSA 4 unit paper

miche11e said:

what u had to do was say
P'(x) = 5x^4 + 2ax
=x(5x^3 + 2a)

The trick to this question was that you should factorise the moment you put it in.

(-2a/5)^5/3 + (-2a/5)^2/3 + b should be factorised to (-2a/5)^2/3[(-2a/5) + 1] + b = 0 then solve.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA 4 unit paper

Holy fuck that paper was ridiculous. Seriously. As if it was easier than past papers, I have gone through the one from last year and there is no way it was as difficult as this piece of shit.

Although now I think about it, maybe ours was gayer Ned because of the replacement questions, those circle geom. q's were gayyyy. But yeah, I got fucked over by that exam, hopefully HOPEFULLY I can get over 50%.

hopefully...

Deadlyned

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA 4 unit paper

Propadanda said:
Holy fuck that paper was ridiculous. Seriously. As if it was easier than past papers, I have gone through the one from last year and there is no way it was as difficult as this piece of shit.

Although now I think about it, maybe ours was gayer Ned because of the replacement questions, those circle geom. q's were gayyyy. But yeah, I got fucked over by that exam, hopefully HOPEFULLY I can get over 50%.

hopefully...
It was fuckin queer! I was thinkin bout that too Dan, and I remembered that Pog replaced 5 and 6 with question 7 and 8 from past trial papers, so we really did questions 1,2,3,4 and then 7,8,7,8 wtf is up with that?!?!?!

iheartpie

HSC
epic fail.
that test was sooo hard, i actually found the later questions easier than the earlier ones ... the replacement questions my school used were pretty decent for once.

no idea how to do the circle geometry one though ... i'm sure it was something really simple that didn't occur to me

This is gonna push my rank down so much, i was coming like 5th before :eek:

Deadlyned

HSC
iheartpie said:
epic fail.
that test was sooo hard, i actually found the later questions easier than the earlier ones ... the replacement questions my school used were pretty decent for once.

no idea how to do the circle geometry one though ... i'm sure it was something really simple that didn't occur to me

This is gonna push my rank down so much, i was coming like 5th before :eek:
Our replacement questions were lame. I don't know what my rank is, but I just hope I beat this chick in my class. She's been studying shit loads and I did nothing, so if I beat her it's gonna be epic lulz at her!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)