who else cant (1 Viewer)

HSC
get past question 5 in ext 2 papers. the stuff onwards is just so foreign. am i the only one cause everyone else here seems really smart

melonkitten

HSC
sonnylongbottom said:
get past question 5 in ext 2 papers. the stuff onwards is just so foreign. am i the only one cause everyone else here seems really smart
um... srs?

i just dropped MX2 last week but im sure as hell i was doing better than you.

i was scoring 60-70% in past hsc trial papers

doink

Clone
HSC
sonnylongbottom said:
So you effectively cannot get 75 or over in your exam, gg brah

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: who else cant

sonnylongbottom said:
I score 90's in 1-5, but I'm simply aiming 70's in the final 3 q's.

Any 3unit student that has learnt the basics in 4unit can do q's 1-5, but 6-8 really sets out a challenge for "true" 4unit students.

Affinity

HSC
The trick is to have the right mindset. If you approach those questions thinking of how to recall solutions then you won't get too far, it might help if you imagined yourself doing a paper from say the GCE A-levels or something with a similar standard, but slightly different syllabus . You should think/do/ask yourself:

1. figure out what the question is asking exactly.. and perhaps just as important -> what it isn't asking. It helps to look at specific simple cases of the question to get a feel.. a silly example might be.. suppose you were asked how many ways can you travel from A to B where B is m metres east and n metres north of A, taking steps of 1 m either in the north or east direction at a time. You might know that the answer is m+n choose n. but suppose you don't, then it's best to se.. hmm what happens when m,n takes values 0,1,2,3?

2. based on your available techniques, figure out what can you do about the question. It's about making small steps.. ofcourse ideally you would be able to see a "plan of attack" or whatever straightaway... but that only happens when the task at hand is easy for you. More realistically you would write down some ideas and work from there. This requires some technical competence, knowing your formulae integrals etc allows you to think faster and see the big picture. Also try to develop a "feel" for whether something is going in the right direction.

3. hopefully that will get you atleast most of the later questions

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)