4U possibility? (1 Viewer)

cjl247

HSC
Firstly: yeah I have read that "year 11's read this first" thing... but this questions a little different.
Basically, my yearly exams are coming up in about a week, and I'm starting to wonder what to do for next year.

At the moment, I've selected to do:
3U Maths
3U English
2U Physics
2U Modern History
2U Economics (or) Japanese

For my school, 12 units is compulsory unless you're extremely confident and can prove this to the Director of Studies (at the school) or conversely, unable to manage 12 units (basically just not doing well at school) - something to do with the fact my school ranks in the top 10 in NSW... :confused:

I've been thinking, and am wondering if this would be an okay setup:
4U Maths
3U English
3U Modern History
2U Japanese (or) Physics

I'd judge myself as above average for History so I reckon I could get in without much hassle, but it's the Maths that's bothering me. I've been in the graded classes (A - D) since year 7 to year 9, when I started slacking off a bit (not good, I know). Now I'm somewhere in the 6th class or something. I'm 99% sure that I am capable, but would it be too late to catch up on the stuff that I missed while I was slacking off as well as cope with the 4U standard? I'm pretty determined to work hard for my final year of school until the HSC, plus I have the option of having a tutor :p.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: we are allowed the change our choices after exam results come out.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: 4U possibility?

hahah shit me , i failed pre-prelim math.

youll be fine.

what school do you go to? i dont know any top ranking schools that force 12 units.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
My buddy went from 5th class to first, with the help of tutoring (psh, but good on him I guess) So you should be fine, if you can prove to your teacher that you really want to do the subject, and that you will put the effort in to do well =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)