hmm wtf can i do? RANT (1 Viewer)

Maldini92

HSC
I go to james ruse atm, a school which accepts 90 or so people into Maths extension 2.

In the half yearlies, i performed really well in 3U -> 54/60 raw for exam, but did below average in 2U maths... forgot the exact mark.

Then in yearlies, i kinda screwed up.... 42.5/60 for 3U maths, which is below average... average being around 45. I also did below average in 2U maths.

COUNTLESS silly mistakes were made in both these exams, and the half yearly result is the only thing that is keeping me in this race to get a 4U spot.

Classes were posted up a few days ago. and i was told by my own teacher that i was BORDERLINE, VERY BORDERLINE but just unable to make the cut.

In these few days i have TRIED to talk to the head teacher about allowing me into the 4U class, but i am still unable to secure a spot. I am now stuck as a "RESERVE" and may get to fill in for anyone who decides they dont want to do 4U maths in the next week. (school ends next week and year 12 starts after that).....

So i basically have 1 week.... and if no one decides not to do 4U in this week, ill have to do 3U.

The crap thing is, these yearlies were the worst results ive had.... and it just so happens it counts the most towards whether or not i can do 4U.....

Any ideas on how to persuade my head teacher who... is a very stubborn person :S he said if im unable to get a spot, i can do Open high school....... and then if anyone screws up in the first assessment, and im doing OK, i can take their spot.

I just dont get why i have to do open high, if they are going to kick people out in the first assessment if they screw up. WHy cant he just let me stay, and IF I SCREW UP, then he can kick me out...........................................

The classes arent even full. 96 people, 4 classes, 27 in the first class, which means like an avergae of 23 people for the remaining 3 classes.

ADDING to this, i am even more pissed off because people who got 43/60 for these yearlies manage to JUST make the cut... while me being on 42.5 is unable to. WTF?!?!?! As if it makes a difference :S

END RANT

MORE RANT:

James Ruse is a nice school filled with nice people, but it just makes me feeeeeel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUMB, i swear if i didnt come to ruse, id have a lot more confidence in my work... i always question myself whether or not i am doing things right, and check the answers after i do every SINGLE question cuz i think im wrong...

END RANT

PS> i have ranted about this alot to my friends, and im sure they have had enough of it. So thats why im ranting here.... I havent been able to think clearly or peacefully ever since i got my 3U maths results back 3 weeks ago. :(

(This is certainly not the end of the world type of thing for me, i still enjoy life especialyl when i play sport etc, its just sumthing i want to do in year 12...my parents dont even mind, theyre relaxed about my studies, they dont even know when my repots get given out, when my exams are etc xD... so all pressure is just from myself.)

Last edited:

vds700

HSC
meh just do open high, someone is bound to drop or else move to another school with less smart people

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
School cannot really stop you from doing a certain course unless you are abysmally bad (like 5% or 10%)

DayOT

HSC
It happens every year and unfortunately, the fractional marks are all the difference. The problem with allowing more borderline people into 4U at this stage is that at the end of first assessment, some people will fall into that nebulous area again, so the line has to be drawn somewhere. The final 2007 cohort was 94, so it wasn't "full" then either.

Anyway, there's not much doing about the HT. Either wait for people to reject 4U or, failing that, complain to head of secondary studies - the HT won't like that, lol. Good luck with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)