Need general advices for the best way to study 4U (1 Viewer)

123ash

HSC
Hi all maths lovers
Doing maths extension 2 from term 4 year 11. i am not really sure where to start studing. in the textbook not every thing makes sense to me.
do u have any tips of how you studied maths 4u in year 12
ty

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Go through the theory. The text books are ok for practice questions, but it's often difficult understand the theory in them because a lot of them are typed in a way that makes fractions and other mathematical syntax hard to read. If you can, try and find a set of workbooks that go through the theory of the course with someone having written it out, instead of typed. My teacher taught us the entire course like that and it helped a lot.

Once you under stand a concept, do a couple of questions so that it sticks, then move on. Come back to it a bit later, maybe at the end of the week or something to revise it again. A lot of the concepts and questions aren't all that hard, but if you don't do them for a long time you will forget how to.

Other than that, just study hard, and make sure you know your three unit course pretty well. The entire three unit course is contained within the four unit course and up to 30% of it can be asked in the final exam. Not only that, a large part of the theory is developed using methods from the two and three unit courses.

cccclaire

HSC
midifile said:
just wait for your teacher to teach it to you

agreed.

So sick of year 11's all being like 'yeh i'm going to learn it now and get ahead'

This is your last real holidays for a year! Have a fucking holiday and enjoy yourself!

conics2008

HSC
^^^^^^^^^

agreed, enjoy your holidays guys/girls.. its no use "going ahead" in a subject.

vds700

HSC
cccclaire said:
agreed.

So sick of year 11's all being like 'yeh i'm going to learn it now and get ahead'

This is your last real holidays for a year! Have a fucking holiday and enjoy yourself!
I agree

Not really any good trying to get ahead. Just enjoy yourself while u still can

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
No way man, learn whatever you want. If you've got a passion for maths, go nuts. It can't disadvantage you, but make sure you do have fun in the holidays, it's the last real one you'll have for a year.

123ash

HSC
i am not really tring that hard, though i like reading ahead. it rewarding really. anyway, it only 3-4 terms of intense training; then i can have all the fun of the universe

Last edited:

friction

HSC
What if your at the end of year 12 and your teacher has taught you nothing still.

That is what happened to me i practically taught it all to myself or with another guy in my class. Text books are gold but past papers are better. For learning use text books for practicing or studying past pappers.

Also get a few text books they all explain it a little different.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
cccclaire said:
agreed.

So sick of year 11s doing that?? No need to rage over the fact that you strugle to learn things on their own. He can get ahead, why do you care?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Need general advices for the best way to study 4U

because you kiddos should be enjoying your holidays rather than stressing over shit you'll learn anyways.

HSC
N/A
cccclaire said:
agreed.

ok :(

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Don't listen to them. Do whatever the hell you want. If you want to learn some four unit stuff, go ahead and do it.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
friction said:
What if your at the end of year 12 and your teacher has taught you nothing still.

That is what happened to me i practically taught it all to myself or with another guy in my class. Text books are gold but past papers are better. For learning use text books for practicing or studying past pappers.

Also get a few text books they all explain it a little different.
Thats different. In year 12 I would teach myself stuff if I had to.

But honestly, I dont get peoples obsessions with teaching themselves 4 unit in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)