Last questions... (1 Viewer)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Hey I have been doing a lot of part papers recently, and I am owning the first couple of questions, as can be expected. The problem seems to be when i get towards the end of the paper. I just see the question, and I can't seem to even start it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Any hints for tackling the last question? Should I just keep hacking away at past papers until I get comfortable enough with them?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I can't complete a 4u paper, its starting to annoying me.

I get up to q6 and then jsut go 'omfg cbf'.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
u-borat said:
what topic are they usually?
They are usually a mixture of topics. Often they include proving inequality inductions and extremely intensive algebra. Tbh, I'm not even sure what topic some of them even fall under.

shaon0

HSC
u-borat said:
what topic are they usually?
I think they are mixed to show the marker that the student understands all concepts in various topics.

vds700

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Hey I have been doing a lot of part papers recently, and I am owning the first couple of questions, as can be expected. The problem seems to be when i get towards the end of the paper. I just see the question, and I can't seem to even start it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Any hints for tackling the last question? Should I just keep hacking away at past papers until I get comfortable enough with them?
Yes i often have trouble with Q8 too. What I'm doing is just working through past ext 2 HSCpapers and if i cant do a part of the question, i just look at the solution and learn from it. Seems to help though, like I got all of Q8 from the 2006 HSC paper, although took me ages to figure it out

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Js^-1 said:
They are usually a mixture of topics. Often they include proving inequality inductions and extremely intensive algebra. Tbh, I'm not even sure what topic some of them even fall under.
mm yeah my problem too.
don't have the foggiest clue about q8 type inequality/inequation/probability. :(

friction

HSC
i have done 4 papers and i got 14, 10, 4 and 14.

The 4 i went really bad through the whole paper i was not thinking right but the other i have been going all right on. I just cant seem to nail every question every test has a question where i get 5 or 6 and most i get 11s and 12 even the first few questions i dont nail it is anoying me. They are trials but so meant to be harder.

conics2008

HSC
hey guys, see for question 8 try common sense.

I know it may look hard, but even since I've attempted doing question 8 I kind of find them alot simpler than all the other questions. If you look at the working out, its alot shorter and more logical.

try always work backwards, eg get a fresh paper and work from what they want u to find... and then attempt it.

also do the biggest shit every that is, you are required to bring anything u fancy.

friction

HSC
Yea definitely you have to think logically and yes its always more simple then you think. Conics is right on the mark.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Conics is so boring, for god's sake. I just can stand rewriting all my work to find tangents then formals then coordiates then length. OMG. Can we just jump straight to a worked-out formula (by memorizing) if it's 1 or 2 marks or we have to show them every steps? Just to keep me awake, I have to spare the conics question to do last.

conics2008

HSC
hmm soo yeah i think ive improved my mark now xD

feeling good about it ive enterd the 100's lol....

feeling soo good.. did anyone do the 2007 question 8... dam that was soo easy, only basic sub n shit all over the place.

friction

HSC
vds700 said:
Yes i often have trouble with Q8 too. What I'm doing is just working through past ext 2 HSCpapers and if i cant do a part of the question, i just look at the solution and learn from it. Seems to help though, like I got all of Q8 from the 2006 HSC paper, although took me ages to figure it out
I just did 06 i got about 60 % of the last question it out doing the paper in the alotted time.

Last edited:

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
I was in the same situation as you like a week ago and then I did 2001-2007 HSC's and its beginning to click. Questions 7 and 8 look very formidable but if you think them through most parts are quite doable. I went from about 80/120 in my first test to like 105/120 in the 2007 one. So i guess its just practice. Alot of the question 8's are also similar, asking inequalities, induction, and requiring some curve sketching to derive the inequalities results. I just get owned in probability :(

conics2008

HSC
ronnknee said:
Arrogant much?
naa seriously.. i kind of feel happy... i serious did enter the stupid 100's....

there are people here gettin 100+... why cant i be happy that i enterd the 100s...

wtff..

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
lol
I was also going quite crazy when I entered the 100's, so much time and effort has gone into 4U, so this is one subject you must hammer

Good stuff mate, best of luck :)

friction

HSC
I only really started working on it a few days ago i bludged all year not even working in class and im getting late 90s 97 99 94 in the last 3 papers yet to crack the 100s but.

Tomorrow i hope to. Want to be getting 110s by the test.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The top three easiest (relatively) HSC papers (in my opinion):
Which do you think is the easiest out of the three? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)