Tips of Double Checking?!?! (1 Viewer)

Jacob1991

HSC
i usually lose ALL my marks in silly errors
and i try to check every time, leave like 1 hour to check in both 3u and 4u, but never end up finding any errors
can someone give me some tips please?
thanks

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC
Do the paper slower so you don't make those silly errors.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I usually finish exams in half the allocated time, because I work really quickly. I then end up with 20 mistakes. I never seem to be able to see my mistakes when I come back to the test. my mind always plays tricks on me!

so if i work slowly, there will be less mistakes?

LordPc

HSC
when you check over your own work, you will only find massive, glaring errors. the more subtle ones you will miss. why? cause you are thinking "i just wrote this stuff. i know this topic inside out. ive done dozens of questions just like this. how can it be wrong?"

and so you dont really believe that you have made an error.

i think the best thing to do would be to slow down and check as you go along, before you have fallen into the above mindset

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
when you check over your own work, you will only find massive, glaring errors. the more subtle ones you will miss. why? cause you are thinking "i just wrote this stuff. i know this topic inside out. ive done dozens of questions just like this. how can it be wrong?"

and so you dont really believe that you have made an error.

i think the best thing to do would be to slow down and check as you go along, before you have fallen into the above mindset
exactly my problem. Maybe I should start negative thinking, "I'm so retarded. all this is wrong."

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Get it right the first time...you generally won't have time to go over the paper especially for Ext2.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Lol, if it's the Jacob i'm thinking of, he wouldn't leave q5-8. You're talking to a potential state ranker here...

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
OP is first for 3U at Sydney boys high. I remember seeing 'Aerath' talking to him on Aerath's "Atar prediction", lol dk why i remember that but i do

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol well it seems to have been said many times above but once again:
if chekin ur answers doesnt work for ya,,,then go slow and do it right the bloody first time xD

Jacob1991

HSC
Lol, if it's the Jacob i'm thinking of, he wouldn't leave q5-8. You're talking to a potential state ranker here...
not sure who's 'the jacob' u're referring to, but as far as i'm concerned, im the only Jacob from SBHS. And how do u know me if u're from tech?

gurmies

Drover
HSC
not sure who's 'the jacob' u're referring to, but as far as i'm concerned, im the only Jacob from SBHS. And how do u know me if u're from tech?
My friend used to go to Dr Du and said that "Simon and Jacob I could never compete with".

Jacob1991

HSC
My friend used to go to Dr Du and said that "Simon and Jacob I could never compete with".
Then i am the Jacob in question here :p
well, thanks everyone for the tips and best of luck in the HSC

btw. keep the advices coming thanks

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Then i am the Jacob in question here :p
well, thanks everyone for the tips and best of luck in the HSC

btw. keep the advices coming thanks
Well done on your ranks, I see you're pwning scienecs (including maths).

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
I sometimes redo the question completely without looking at my first answer. It's a bit time-consuming but I think it's better than just looking over your original answers. Also, this method is pretty standard, but substitute your answers back into question where possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)