Question on graphs in the hsc (1 Viewer)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Just have a few questions on the systematics of the hsc exam, specifically with regards to the graph questions (usually question 3?).
  1. Are you expected to have the original graph sketched on the same plane with your solutions?
  2. Are you allowed to keep a dashed sketch of your original graph in your final solution? Or should you rub it out to avoid confusion?
The original graph is the one they give you, i.e. y=f(x). I've looked through the marking guidelines and couldn't find any information on this.

Thanks in advance

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
im not entirely sure but id think it'd make sense to drawn y = f(x) for y^2 = f(x) and y = 1/f(x) graphs. For the other ones tbh i doubt it really matters.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Just have a few questions on the systematics of the hsc exam, specifically with regards to the graph questions (usually question 3?).
  1. Are you expected to have the original graph sketched on the same plane with your solutions?
  2. Are you allowed to keep a dashed sketch of your original graph in your final solution? Or should you rub it out to avoid confusion?
The original graph is the one they give you, i.e. y=f(x). I've looked through the marking guidelines and couldn't find any information on this.

Thanks in advance
1. only if they ask you.
2. keep it or rub it out, will not matter, unless they specifically ask you to draw the original sketch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)